Quote
Agree, as I to see the Radiance reporting that the signal from the Panasonic BD-60 is 4:2:2

What I am wondering is if something is getting confused. e.g. Panasonic is sending RGB while reporting YCbCr. Or the HD621 thinks it is getting 4:4:4 when it is only getting 4:2:2. Its hard to say for sure.

I tested sending 4:2:2, 4:4:4 and RGB from both the VP50Pro and Oppo and there were no problems.

As far as Oppo. I think it is the most well rounded player.

1. Speed. Loads faster than a PS3. Only seeking and menu navigation is slower.
2. Its probably one of the best DVD players every made. I used to like SDI out of the RP82, but this bests it. The Oppo 983 was also a good DVD player.
3. It has DVD-A and SACD. You can even get DSD over HDMI, not that it helps anyone on this forum. smile
4. With an HD621, now all CD players are Meridian. smile

The horizontal chroma resolution of the Oppo now equals Panasonic. The vertical patch is still a bit dimmer. Oppo is pressing their decoder vendor to improve. It may not happen in this gen, but we know it will happen at some point.