Originally Posted by rogerwalk
Gary,

Excuse my ignorance, but how does the MeridianG68 handle the 4 coax digital inputs coming from the modified Oppo BDP-83? It sounds from all I see in this forum that one can connect the Oppo directly to the G68 (without a HD621 in between)in order to reproduce lossless 7.1 ch True HD or DTS-HD formats. Does each SPDIF connection carry the signal of two channels? What settings of the G68 tell it that all four inputs belong to a single source?

With a better understanding of this I can make the decision whether I should opt for the 4 x SPDIF option or not.

Thank you for your patience.


Roger you have it exactly right, you simply connect the SPDIF outputs to your Meridian and yes each channel carries 2 audio signals

I am positive you would be more than thrilled with the mod and the for a lack of a better word ubber sound quality you get, simply the best

the customer who got his Oppo modified emailed me today saying how awesome it was, I'd say he will be posting some comments very soon

thanks