Originally Posted by Frank
Originally Posted by Mark_H
My current choice is the Sony BDP-S550, which also seems to be the one Meridian were seen using at CES. It's cheap, it does all the internal decoding, and response time is fast.
Before the introduction of the Oppo BD-83 (due out in February or March), I was looking at the Sony S550 and the Panasonic BD55K. I recall reading that one of the advantages of the BD55K over the S550 was that the BD55K had frame by frame and slow fast forward and rewind. I may be mistaken about that but if that's an important consideration for you, you might want to do a little research on the issue.

It's not. I screen films, not frames laugh But others may need this.

People need to ensure all their requirements are covered, but my main point is that you don't need to spend a lot to achieve it. I don't see any compelling reason to spend mid-end, and certainly not high-end amounts, on any digital spinner these days.

Cheers,

Mark