Suddenly the world all seems complicated again. Given that I listen to about 80% sonus, 10% CD and 10% DVD-A, perhaps the price of the Denon DVD A1UDCI becomes better when I factor in the sale of the G98.

While I am sure the G98 will be better at CD, given I am moving towards Sonus and one day perhaps to Sooloos if the price improves, maybe the convenience of one box wins the day. The question will be for each of CD and DVD-A, how close does the Denon get to the G98 if fed via the HD621, it is the flag ship model so should be good, it would also open up SACD. Hopefully on CD and DVD-A it would outscore the Oppo.

Suspect greater discounts are negotiable on Denon gear as well. Has anyone heard the current Denon flagship 3800BD in CD or DVD-A mode?

Denon do there own denon-link, does anyone know much about this,think it only works with Denon inputs, is it similar in any way to M's smart link, presumably no compatability.

Was also looking at the PS3 as a stop gap until the market matures but see that all the new versions have had SACD removed.

The other key question is whether BR music will ever take off and technically how will it sound versus DVD-A and SACD?

If M hadn't produced the HD621 I could live in peace and ignorance!

thanks


David


861v6 ID41, HD621, G98, MC200, DSP7200, DSP7200HC, DSP5500 (rears), D2500; Oppo BDP83, PS3,
- Other rooms 3100, F80