I think the question you really need to answer is how much are you interested in more channels vs 7.2 super quality channels in e.g. a Meridian 861…
This is the question in my mind. I think for my listening habits I think an 861v8 would be a perfect solution. But it is still 7 plus years old with Room correction older than that. Plus lack of manufacturer support and scarcity of parts. Plus it’s still a decent chunk of money.
I have looked closely at the Lyngdorf MP40 and the Anthem AVM70, which have manufacturer support, warranty and new codecs. I had a demo of the Lyngdorf and the Anthem and they were really nice indeed. Very hard to assess music performance in a demo room with different speakers, acoustics etc. But of course even more money.
I think if there was manufacturer support for the 861 I wouldn’t need to have these types of conversations.