|
Hooloovoo
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174 Likes: 171 |
Thanks both for your replies. In the bathroom and kitchen I use Sonos devices and have been told, and also read on here, that a 218 and Sonos don’t mix together with Roon. I’ve considered an MS200 and AC200. The MS200 doesn’t do MQA as I understand it and of course the AC200 doesn’t act as a Roon end point. It’s a shame because it looks like a great pre-amp. Why did they stop making it? Is the issue with the Sonos endpoints just if you want to synchronise zones for some reason (is the 218 not RAAT?). If you don’t need this, it should be good? I’ve been saying for years now that Meridian are crying out for a good-looking, great sounding, functional little preamp. In my opinion, an updated AC200 would be fantastic, just needs updated cards and a Roon endpoint, really. Clearly, Meridian already own the case design and tooling, etc., and the requisite cards, etc. so should be very minimal investment. You can, of course, get the same sort of functionality with an AC200 + 210… Didn’t realise the AC200 was discontinued. That’s a real shame.
HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES 2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports. Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
|