Originally Posted by GMT
Hi Guy, In your post you wrote that Sunak said " we are 100% aligned with Ursula Von Der Leyen with the Green Agenda". Is this the UKGOV press release?

PM Call With EU President If it is, it's pretty different.
It was more their tweets where they were gushing over their alignment with each other.

Originally Posted by GMT
I read and listen to the news, watch TV news, read a mixture of newspapers and take most of what is said as being 90% accurate. I'm cynical enough to know that rich people that own the right wing press have an conflict in interest when it comes to providing impartial news/ Likewise I can see that left wing papers also have an agenda and that it is rare that you get truly unbiased and balanced news. If I see something that I think is far fetched or contradicts things beyond my tolerance and I can be bothered, I'll research it in more detail using the internet and search engines or if I'm able to speak to specialists e.g. economists that I work with.
Cool.

I presumed you didn't just listen to BBC.

I wasn't very clear, what I meant when I said "I suggest you follow as many on Twitter.." ... is Twitter tends to to be interesting as you get to hear what many really think, lots of spur of the moment comments, many of which are soon deleted shortly after when the tweeter realises that may come back to bite. Haha
But what people say first is more often than not, what they truly believe.

I don't think there is much in it these days between left and right, not with those in politics anyway. We are led to think there is. but not really.
I don't actually think there is that much difference between the people either, maybe a few extremists at each end, but they all tend to grow up in the end. wink

Originally Posted by GMT
Do you think Boris will go to Cop27?
I have no idea, has that been mentioned over the last couple of days then?

Who knows? It was all a bit weird when Bozo headed back from his hols, all ready to fight the fight for Number 10 again, and then within hours he was stepping back and showing support for Rishi.

Nothing would surprise me any more.


No Darling, I've had it months!