I find this a fascinating example of what "white glove" might involve.
IIRC the Madonna album was also challenging but for different reasons.
Interesting. I've love more detail on some of these processes, I find this kind of restoration absolutely fascinating (in film as well as audio).
Which Madonna album was it? I was listening to some of her early albums MQA'd last night. Never heard them better I must say.
I notice at the bottom of that article, they have a download link to purchase the MQA album. I've not seen much MQA available, even albums which have been on Tidal a while now. Has anyone found a good source of these?
Russ, yes. It was the standout for me as it was just so much more credible to listen to than the DVDA hi-res that I think you have too.
I can't recall the specific Madonna album just now. One of the early ones (Madonna or Like a Virgin). It was written about in another place IIRC and the issues were the different tracks (i.e. 24 track, 48 tracks etc) that were different sample rates.
Just played Ashley McBryde "Girl Going Nowhere" MQA 48k. Very good for Americana fans. Would go down a storm at LRB, great voice, great songs and excellent band. Another insight into small town USA of the relatively recent past. Will be in UK in October. Highly Recommended Hector
Last edited by Hector; 2018-04-3011:34.
AV: Thorens TD160B, SME, ShureV15MK2, 500, 598, 861v4, DSP7200.1, DSP3300HC Samsung UE55, SkyHD. DINING: MS600, AC200, DSP5200SEUG. STUDY 504, Roon Nucleus + RevB, 808v6, 5200SE, Mac & PC (Touch Screen), Prime+PS Grado GS1000i HORIZONTAL: M80, MS200, Red Rose Spirit + Sonus Faber Toys, iPad Mini A capella to Zydeco
What I found really interesting as to how far the studios are going to maintain the provenance on some albums, is to go to the 'Browse by Categories'-'White Glove' read the article on 'White Glove:#2 Fairytales.
The level of time and effort that has gone into re-issuing this album in MQA is highly commendable. Knowing fore well it is not a particularly main stream album.
This to me is one of the biggest parts of MQA. Trying to re-produce the 'Original sound'... rectifying the errors that are inherent even on the master tapes.
Looking forward to more of these albums... whether or not its your taste in music, you can appreciate the sound and effort.
Well Done MQA.
Music Room: 818v3, DSP8000SE (SpeakerLink cables), iPad control Shunyata Denali Power Distributor, fed by SIgma NR V2 + Sigma digital(818) + 2x Alpha NR(DSP8000SE) Network Acoustics ENO filter + Rubicon Switch(powered by IFI IPower Elite)
Office: Stax SRS2020 via ifi Signature Spare: DSP5200 + MC200
In case anyone, like me, missed this, Bernstein's Beethoven Symphonies cycle is now on MQA/Tidal. It's an odd one as it doesn't appear when searching or clicking on Leonard Bernstein as an artist in any of his albums. A search for Bernstein Beethoven Symphonies should bring it up. If not, try Wiener Philharmoniker Bernstein Beethoven 9 Symphonies.
This recording of the Pastoral is famous for it's lovely string sound...