Yes the Thielemann Ring does sound awful. Scene 4 of 'Rheingold' when Alberich summons the horde was so weak and thin it destroyed the music's power. Worse though is Linda Watson's Brunnhilde. I cannot fathom why she was given this role, having heard her very off-pitch and wobbly Ortrud at Bayreuth years ago.

More hopeful, the Krystian Zimermann Schubert is now in MQA.

And I think we must be near the end of the Universal coding of what was already available in Hi Res...'The Art of the Prima Donna' is now in MQA, though hasn't come through to Roon for me yet.

I wonder if going forward they will have to do a fresh remaster of the back catalogue, and that we may get better transfers to MQA? The forthcoming Warner Classics may answer that.

Must be over 5,000 available now?

Richard



Zone 1: 861v8+ID41, 818V3, UHD722, Shunyata Denali, Network Acoustics Tempus, DSP7200SE, DSP5200SE
Zone 2: 818v3, PS Audio P5, DSP 7000, SOtM sNH-10G, Mutec Ref120, Ultra Dac, Cavalli Liquid Gold, Hifiman Susvara
Zone 3: Antipodes Oladra, PS Audio P20, SOtM sNH-10G & sCLK-OCX10, Devialet Expert 1000 Pro Amplifier, Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution