logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 33 1 2 … 19 20 21 22 23 … 32 33
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
I had been trying to keep a updated list but from what I can tell the Lumin list is pretty comprehensive. I will now just add the weekly Friday new releases to this list until Tidal or Roon comes up with something better. It looks as if all of last weeks new 8 are here.

Last edited by Still-one; 2017-08-29 16:06.

Jim
Wilson Alexandrea X2 Series 2
D'Agostino Momentum M-400 Amps & Pre Amp
dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler & Clock
SME 20/3 & Esoteric E-03
Transparent OPUS SC & Interconnects
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Originally Posted by VirusKiller
Originally Posted by Ratbert
the real tragedy is that you can not filter on MQA and see all that is available.
Usual story of rushing to market. As posted on the Roon forum, the TIDAL devs are aware of the limitations and a working on it, apparently.
Thanks Joel

The phrase "You never get a second chance to make a first impression" comes to mind.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Originally Posted by 3dit0r
What would be super useful in Roon is a way to organise Tidal favourites by 'newly added' or some-such
Um, you can.

In the album browser, you can focus on TIDAL (Focus -> Format -> TIDAL) and then sort by date added. I do this and add all the MQA albums I've added to a "MQA TIDAL" tag.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Oh brilliant, thanks!

Apologies, still learning Roon.


HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES
2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports.
Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Originally Posted by VirusKiller
Originally Posted by 3dit0r
What would be super useful in Roon is a way to organise Tidal favourites by 'newly added' or some-such
Um, you can.

In the album browser, you can focus on TIDAL (Focus -> Format -> TIDAL) and then sort by date added. I do this and add all the MQA albums I've added to a "MQA TIDAL" tag.

I tried this and it's not doing what I need (unless I'm still not doing it correctly).

Doing the above will sort albums which have already been added to my Roon library from Tidal favourites in order of most recently added.

I can't find a way to arrange the Tidal -> Your Favourites by most recently added, which would facilitate adding the last favourited albums from Tidal into my Roon library.


HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES
2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports.
Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
But albums favourited in TIDAL are automatically imported into your Roon library.

You can force this by clicking on the circular arrow on the TIDAL page.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
It is possible that any list generated will be subject to regional restrictions. Some if the titles mentioned here and elsewhere are not available in the US. I don't know what region could put together a comprehensive list.


Jim
Wilson Alexandrea X2 Series 2
D'Agostino Momentum M-400 Amps & Pre Amp
dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler & Clock
SME 20/3 & Esoteric E-03
Transparent OPUS SC & Interconnects
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Originally Posted by VirusKiller
But albums favourited in TIDAL are automatically imported into your Roon library.

You can force this by clicking on the circular arrow on the TIDAL page.
Ah! Yes, turns out even though newly favourited albums were showing in Tidal -> Your Favourites in Roon, they weren't showing in Library Albums unless I manually added them one by one, or hit the circular arrow in Tidal -> Your Favourites.

Very useful to know, saved me loads of time, thanks for the tip!!


HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES
2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports.
Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
We do re-sync with TIDAL on a regular basis, but I'm not sure how often. The manual sync button is very useful; you can also sync from within Settings -> Services -> TIDAL edit -> Sync Library Now.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Good to know. Thanks!


HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES
2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports.
Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
Ok, to help draw the thread back I have just enjoyed Nat King Coles After Midnight and have to say it sounds amazing in MQA.

We also played Roy Ayers The Sunshine and Norah Jones, Come Away With Me.
Almost forgot Pet Sounds Mono.

This MQA thing is getting good. Chris


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
I have given Queen's Greatest Hits a couple of spins. I feel a bit of a Wayne's World thing going on but Bo Rhap sounds absolutely amazing. It is the kind of track like Sandman was when MQA was first rolling out for demo. It's a real live sounding track. Details and air in the vocals are terrific. A real wow.


Rgds,
Nick


Page 21 of 33 1 2 … 19 20 21 22 23 … 32 33

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, MQA_List, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 486 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,184
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.089s Queries: 40 (0.034s) Memory: 0.8964 MB (Peak: 2.2170 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-08 23:52:13 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS