Hi Guys,

As Bruce has mentioned, Archiv Musik only lists the new releases, but does not indicate if it is MQA. One has to go back to Tidal and search the same artist or album to confirm if an MQA is available. This is only possible in the PC or Mac Tidal Desktop app by looking for the M icon indicating Master release. For Warner Classics, it seems pretty much anything that is released has a good chance of MQA. Their sister label Erato is more erratic pardon the pun, I saw a new album by Galinca that is not MQA on Tidal for now.

Thanks for pointing out the Heldenleben. I sampled Rattle's debut album Mahler 5 with the BPO, low volume level aside, the large orchestral tuttis have great weight and presence, yet precise instrument placements. A definite improvement over the CD I had more than 10 years ago. He inherited an Abbado sound that shows v clearly on this album in MQA.

Bruce, did you get the Chesky MQA CDs ? Keen to hear impressions of them.

Best /bt

Last edited by BengTi; 2017-07-19 04:32.