Originally Posted by BengTi
Have you listened to any of the others ? I'm stuck on repeat with this album for the time being! With one notable exception, the Beethoven Triple with Richter and Ostraikh ! OMG ! The clarity of the solo lines and the luminous tone of Richters piano part. EMI gave Karajan a fair heap of reverb during the 70s here much more definition to the tuttis but I still went -0.5 on the base and >1 balance to strike listening nirvana; I wanna take a sickie and fire up the system ....
Hi Beng Ti

Yes most of them

If you are up to the challenge, try the Dutilleux, Lutoslawski and Jolivet 2 concertos.

A completely different, but still an exceptional experience.

I am convinced that the soloist, orchestra, conductor and the technicians involved intended the music to be heard this way. Just a shame that many did not live long enough to hear these wonderful MQA releases.

Hector


AV: Thorens TD160B, SME, ShureV15MK2, 500, 598, 861v4, DSP7200.1, DSP3300HC Samsung UE55, SkyHD.
DINING: MS600, AC200, DSP5200SEUG.
STUDY 504, Roon Nucleus + RevB, 808v6, 5200SE, Mac & PC (Touch Screen), Prime+PS Grado GS1000i
HORIZONTAL: M80, MS200, Red Rose Spirit + Sonus Faber Toys, iPad Mini
A capella to Zydeco