logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Rick, you can count me as someone interested in this as well. But I live in New York, you know the colonies across the pond, so I don't know if I can make it for a listen, but I would be very curious to know what you've done. I've often looked at the Trinnov products and thought- why can't we figure out how to make it work with the Meridian speakers.

Indeed, I agree with the other members here, if Meridian is not going to do a full on 861 update, then maybe the best move would be for them to make some kind of interface box that would allow us to work with the other processors out there- thus keeping the DSPs relevant.


Best regards,
Jerry
Main System: 861v6, DSP8000s in corners, DSP7000s Center and Sides, 1-9 humans.
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 687
Likes: 2
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 687
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by JerryL
Rick, you can count me as someone interested in this as well. But I live in New York, you know the colonies across the pond,
+1, except for the New York part.
The room interface is too important to ignore, even if Meridian's DSPs sound pretty darn good in a compromised room!

Last edited by JimK; 2017-03-17 21:41. Reason: Tried to post smile without success

Roon, Technics SL10 turntable, Meridian 218, Jolida tube DAC, Nuforce STA 200 Amp and passive Swallow Acoustics ALS2 speakers
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
smile

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 210
Likes: 2
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 210
Likes: 2
Put me on the list of very interested!

John


1: 808.6 Anniversary, 504, Sony ES Bluray player, Apple TV, Trinnov Altitude 32, 7200SEU l/r/c, plus for immersive audio
2: Theta Compli Blu, Apple TV, HD621, G61RSL, B&W Sig 8NT l/r/c, & Runco Plasma
3: 861v8, 504, Apple TV for streaming 3100 l/r/c
roon all around
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 885
Likes: 56
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 885
Likes: 56
For those already using the Trinnov processors with Meridian digital speakers, how are you handling the interface from the processor to the DSPs?

It seems the processor does not have SPDIF outputs and the digital out is handled via a different connection.


Theater: 861v4_LPS, 818v3, HD621, Oppo 203, Lumagen Pro, DSP8000SE, DSP5500C, SW1600x2, DSP5500, Epson 6040UB, PS4
Living room: 861v4_LPS, HD621, DSP8000SE, DSP5200C, Oppo 203, Lumagen 2143, 818v3, Sooloos/MC600 Bluesound Node
Bedroom: M80
office: G68D, DSP6000
Garage: DSP5000
Storage: M33s, DSP33s, DSP5k, 501, 518, M1500, G98DH, SW1600
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492
It can be configured to have digital out via the D-type connecting blocks. They are just not in the form of usual phono/RCA type.


Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 342
Likes: 3
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 342
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by Yetis
Well if M was smart, they would follow JBL's lead and just license an M branded Trinnov processor that accepts an MHR connection. The JBL has a proprietary Blulink into a standard Trinnov.
As I was not too familiar with the Trinnov Altitude I did a little research on it and there is a good review of it in Widescreen Review magazine July/August 2016 edition issue 208 ( sorry I don't have a link as I get the paper copies).
Needless to say it is quite a processor with many advanced capabilities and I agree that instead of M developing their own unit ( which will be difficult to compete in this price range) a licensing agreement would make sense.
I am also very interested in the results Rick finds out ( although I think I already can suspect how great it will be)- wish I could come and listen.


My gear: Trinnov CI, 271, 8000.1(SEs), 7200.1 HC (SE), 320s, 3200s, Seaton F18 subs, MS200 (2nd zone), 218, 210.
Other: JVC RS-4100 projector, Lumagen Pro Radiance, Panamorph DCR anamorphic lens, Stewart G4 130 screen, Kaleidescape Strato K, Rvolution 4K player and Zapitti NAS, Oppo BDP-203,Roon Nucleus
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 18
Harmless
Harmless
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 18
It looks that Meridian decided that the Home Theater Market is not their priority. They have invested in MQA 2 channel at the moment.

Some of us loved Meridian processors (565, G61R, 861v4) for their ability to process:

a) 2 channel into 5 channel music.
and
b) all available multi channel formats that existed at the time (from Laser Disk and DVD).

But since the introduction of HD621 there are no news from Meridian for their Home Theater lovers. Hence it was only a matter of time that companies like Trinnov and Anthem will be there to fill in the gap. Trinnov supports Roon and Anthem supports Tidal integration. I would be very interested to see what Trinnov can do with Roon (without additional endpoint) and how can be integrated with Meridian Digital speakers. It might be worth the trip for me.

Regards
George

Last edited by Sailor2004; 2017-03-20 12:59.

HOME THEATER: Meridian(861v4,ID40),Epson EH-TW9400,M.Logan (Electromotion,Clarity),PS3,Panasonic DMR-EH68,Oppo UDP205,CinenovaAmp, Dreambox920, KD8x8 4K HDMI switch

LIVING ROOM: Meridian (G61RSL,G55,504,218) QnapTS-870PRO, Epson 5900, TV LGOLED55C7, M.Logan SL3, iPadPro, Daton Matrix88 (Multi Room), WiiM PRO+, Apple4K TV, AMX4100, Roon
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 112
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 112
More options are a good thing and I wish I could drop by and listen frown

Of course there are integration questions to be explored but fundamentally I wish I could be there to listen to the sound quality between the two processor architectures.

Given that the Trinnov is based on a "potentially noisier" PC based Platform and uses 3rd party chipsets I would like to hear opinions from those that do get to listen regarding sound quality compared to a Meridian processor. The Trinnov products have a great feature so it would be interesting to compare their architectural decisions to Meridian's more bespoke architecture.

Each approach has advantages and tradeoffs but how do those decisions affect sound quality?

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 895
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 895
The Trinnov DAC's are not of the quality of M's. They are not running 818 like D/A conversion. My experience is that the quality of the RC makes up for it, and then some. I would note that the Altitude uses flash memory, so there is no spinning hard drive, often the biggest producer of digital noise. Like most A/V manufacturers, Trinnov doesn't subscribe to M's views on total isolation. As evidenced by their inclusion of the HDMI connections in the same box.


Primary: MD600, MS200 (SpeakerLink to AES), Trinnov ST-2, Ayre V6-xe, Salk SS8 3x LRC.
Secondary: MC600 (whole house).
Zone one: 568.2, G57, MS200, Spatial Hologram M2SE.
Zone 2-6 (Awaiting assignment).
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 742
Likes: 54
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 742
Likes: 54
Does anyone know if the Trinnov uses a SMPS or a linear power supply?


Cinema/Music: Trinnov Altitude32 8-16,218,Cloud 4 channel, Marantz UD5007,DSP5200SE(2+C),DSP3300(4),DSW(2),271,MShort Ceilings,AppleTV 4K
TV: Marantz SR7013 Wharfedale Diamond 9x4+Celestion(C)
Music: Roon,i7NUC8gen,QNAP TS253A, Sony Scala, MS200, Garrard DDQ650,Wharfedale Diamond 12.3
Kitchen: AD88 (bluetooth via i80).
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492
I know the Altitude has separate PSUs for the digital and analogue stages. Not sure if the latter is linear. Personally, I'm not concerned. YMMD.


Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Mr_Sukebe), 1,250 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.089s Queries: 40 (0.047s) Memory: 0.8881 MB (Peak: 2.2159 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 21:50:05 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS