We're currently assessing the Trinnov Altitude 32 Surround Processor, in particular its integration into a full Meridian DSP loudspeaker system with its ability to decode the 3D immersive audio formats of Atmos, Auro-3D and DTS:X.
As part of my decision to stock the Trinnov I'd like to gauge the interest Hitchikers have in this solution?
If I set up a Trinnov / Meridian DSP Cinema at the shop would any of you be interested in having a listen?
Very interested in that development as the Trinnov is on my potential hit list. Also interested in how you are going to achieve the above.
Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.
As I am looking to "upgrade" my 861, and with no inkling of what, if anything, Meridian have planned, I would be very interested in hearing more. I don't live close by, but any information on how a processor like the Trinnov could be integrated into a DSP or mixed DSP/analog system, would be very exciting indeed. The fact that the HDMI inputs are only 1.4 is perhaps a concern. Any knowledge of possible updates in that regard?
Wayne
System 1: 861v6+ID40, UHD722, DSP640x2, DSP520C, DSP320x2, DSWx2, Sony XBR-100Z9D, Oppo UDP-203, Kaleidescape, AppleTV 4K System 2: 808.3 upgraded to 808v6, MC200, HD621, DSP8000.2 with SE Upgrade System 3: F80 Currently unused: DSP3200x4, DSP33x2, DSP33C, D1500, DSP420x2, G68ADV, G98DH, HD421
Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.
OMG, I was pausing wondering what I was about to read. Did someone purchase someone or was there an agreement made with the #1 home_cinema processor brand.
Certainly interested in this development even though I can't see myself doing this right now.
DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
Is this unofficial notification there will be no further 861 development?
Hi Russ,
Not at all, it's simply that we have customers wishing to add the 3D immersive formats into their current Meridian systems, and Trinnov have a product available which can do so.