logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hector #256880 2017-01-06 14:01
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
I enjoyed quite a few of the titles last night with the 8kSE displaying MQA 192k. What a great step for us all.

Now once the tagging/ metadata stuff gets worked out so that we can properly search, that will be awesome.


www.cmbintegrations.com
One step from the Presidency
#1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218.
#2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies.
#3 Meridian Ellipse
Hector #256889 2017-01-06 15:16
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
Huw Offline
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
Ah , I sadly do not have such an illustrious MQA driver...

Regards Huw


#1 52KSE 218 LG OLED Sony BRay, Sonos Beam 2
#2 52KSE 218 Pana LED Zenith 2 Naim Muso2
#3 Teac X1 CD, G68, 562v3 518 568 556 G98DH 5K,5KHC 24/96,MS600,Systemdek I920, Ortofon M520, Synthèse Floating 2 Thorens TD160 Ortofon M15e Pioneer DAT Panny Plasma,Humax,BRay.
#4 Panasonic 4K LED Sonos Beam 2
#5 F80 MS200 iDock Sonos Move
#6 MS200 5K 24/96
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 574
Likes: 6
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 574
Likes: 6
On my old IBM T43 I run Windows XP and Chrome but I can't seem to install the Tidal desk top app. It downloads fine but the exe. doesn't execute however it asks to run.

Anyone a tip how I could get this working or is my laptop just too old?

In the meantime I followed Hectors advice, to load from Sooloos Tidal search function, I have loaded the Killing me softly and Mud slim albums. MQA.192k on both displays and it sounds great.

Cheers!


Living room: Ansuz Mainz8 C2, Uptone Ethernet Regen, Grimm MU1, Audionote (UK) DAC 5 Special, TT2, M2RIAA, Audionote (UK) OTO Line SE Signature, Fleetwood Deville SQ
sold (Q1-2024): 818v3, DSP7200SE
Office: MS200, audio engine A2+
Spare: STAX SRM-323II, SR303, MC200 (Roon ROCK’ed),
Roon: life time subscription
JaapJan #256893 2017-01-06 16:08
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Do I take it that Sooloos plays MQA just fine as long as you know what albums to play? ie the MQA functionality missing from Sooloos is the ability to search for MQA enabled Tidal tracks from within Sooloos - you need to do the search from Tidal app then import?

And wrt to playing MQA, am I right in saying that if you have an MQA enabled endpoint connected to Sooloos, then it's full MQA at whatever your speakers can handle - ie analogue and SE are full fat MQA with DAC compensation whilst Non-SE 96/24 is limited to 96/24 but what about DAC compensation?

And if its MQA software playback ie via Roon or Tidal App, then it's max 96/24 with no DAC compensation?


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
Ian #256896 2017-01-06 16:42
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Yes Sooloos will play the tracks just fine. You just have to find and play the correct one.

Last night as an experiment, I searched for a particular artist, then a certain track. Then I would play each instance of that track until the 818 and SE speakers displayed MQAxxx.

Once identified, I saved that title to my library. Kind of a clunky way to do it but it worked. Once they get the tagging and metadata right, this won't be an issue.

Sure does sound sweet though. I will be trying out the JT album tonight.


www.cmbintegrations.com
One step from the Presidency
#1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218.
#2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies.
#3 Meridian Ellipse
Hector #256903 2017-01-06 18:30
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 803
Likes: 7
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 803
Likes: 7
Originally Posted by Hector
Only a hard re-boot of 808 (after a few seconds of panic) brought sound back.
Was that a full plaster-cast re-boot?

Struggling to see how to access the MQA albums via a C10. Is there a way of listing all the MQA albums on TIDAL on a C10/ C15?


Streaming: Roon, NUC, QNAP869 NAS
2ch system: dCS Vivaldi, Audionet Stern, Audionet Heisenberg, Magico Q1
Retro system: 101/104/105, Red Rose Spirit
Altus #256905 2017-01-06 18:56
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Right now the C10/15 will not display which tracks are MQA or not. You would need to identify them using Tidal desktop or similar app and saving them to favorites. After you do that, you should be able to edit them with your own tags and metadata


www.cmbintegrations.com
One step from the Presidency
#1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218.
#2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies.
#3 Meridian Ellipse
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 803
Likes: 7
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 803
Likes: 7
Thanks.

I can't seem to identify them on the TIDAL desktop either - I am running it on a Mac. Am I doing something silly?


Streaming: Roon, NUC, QNAP869 NAS
2ch system: dCS Vivaldi, Audionet Stern, Audionet Heisenberg, Magico Q1
Retro system: 101/104/105, Red Rose Spirit
Altus #256909 2017-01-06 19:14
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,061
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,061
One thing I noticed is that you have to install the Tidal app on your computer to see the Master section. When I run the app from a browser I don't see the Master section. Odd but that is what I found.


MD600(2x2TB); iPad Pro
LR. 818v3, 8000SE
HT. 861v8+ID41,HD621; BW 2x802D,HTM1D,4x804S;SVS sub; Mac 5 MC501s; RGP 600Pro, JVC X950; Radiance Pro; Oppo 203
FR. G65, DSP3200-3300 DSW, HD621; Mac MC152; Oppo 103, PDP TCP65VT60, Radiance 2124; RGP1200C
4. G65, DSP3200-3300,HD621; OPPO 83, Radiance XE PDP
5. 818v3; Prime HP Amp; HD800
Altus #256913 2017-01-06 19:38
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
Originally Posted by Altus
Thanks.

I can't seem to identify them on the TIDAL desktop either - I am running it on a Mac. Am I doing something silly?

This has been noted elsewhere but you MUST run the Tidal ap on your computer and not access Tidal via your Webrowser. Withe the ap you will see the "Masters" offerings.


Jim
Wilson Alexandrea X2 Series 2
D'Agostino Momentum M-400 Amps & Pre Amp
dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler & Clock
SME 20/3 & Esoteric E-03
Transparent OPUS SC & Interconnects
Jack D #256914 2017-01-06 19:39
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 803
Likes: 7
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 803
Likes: 7
Thanks for pointing that out. I can now see the TIDAL Masters section in the desktop app.

I guess we now need Sooloos and Roon to issue updates so that we can access and play this long awaited music through our systems in a user friendly way.


Streaming: Roon, NUC, QNAP869 NAS
2ch system: dCS Vivaldi, Audionet Stern, Audionet Heisenberg, Magico Q1
Retro system: 101/104/105, Red Rose Spirit
Altus #256918 2017-01-06 20:01
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 574
Likes: 6
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 574
Likes: 6
The user friendliness is there. When a master album is selected as favorite in the Tidal desktop app then as usual add them to your Library with the Sooloos iPad app or Control:PC function.

or save as e.g. MQA playlist and add the playlist to Library to identify them easier.

Cheers

Last edited by JaapJan; 2017-01-06 20:02.

Living room: Ansuz Mainz8 C2, Uptone Ethernet Regen, Grimm MU1, Audionote (UK) DAC 5 Special, TT2, M2RIAA, Audionote (UK) OTO Line SE Signature, Fleetwood Deville SQ
sold (Q1-2024): 818v3, DSP7200SE
Office: MS200, audio engine A2+
Spare: STAX SRM-323II, SR303, MC200 (Roon ROCK’ed),
Roon: life time subscription
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, MQA_List, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (CalenW, GFantasio), 593 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,184
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.056s Queries: 40 (0.026s) Memory: 0.8942 MB (Peak: 2.2170 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-08 23:28:29 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS