That's good news. Has this roadmap been outlined anywhere?
Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.
It was mentioned in a post by Brian on the Roon forum. I can't remember which post but will try and find it.
Hence why I suggest that M let Roon do the heavy lifting of the front end and just adopt the RAAT protocol into the appropriate hardware. Thus limiting the amount of investment needed for such a limited scale return.
It perhaps depends on whether M have realised the number of Sooloos users that have now switched to Roon and what this means. The divorce may not have been pretty but maybe it is time to set up the best future for users of Meridian streaming end-points.
IM(not so)HO...the current Roon UI and overall user experience is now miles ahead of Sooloos. Combined with the stunning sound from M's recent hardware updates I can honestly say my system has never been more satisfying.
I couldn't agree more. RAAT (the protocol) already has provision for multichannel up to 384kHz. Sooloos is stuck at stereo 96kHz. That comparison is pretty painful.
It perhaps depends on whether M have realised the number of Sooloos users that have now switched to Roon and what this means. The divorce may not have been pretty but maybe it is time to set up the best future for users of Meridian streaming end-points.
They must have some idea. Sooloos polls M's databases for metadata and firmware updates. I do leave mine on at home but in the IoW I've turned off the Sooloos core on the QNAP.
I don't tend to add any music to my Sooloos these days, just stick the files into the Roon watched folders.
Once Roon adds Internet Radio Sooloos will be pretty much dead in our household.
Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.
Only "slightly" ?!?! Really ? M have a strict policy "not to discuss roadmap". It is spoken of almost in jest when you talk with Bob or Richard H. Apart from items that have to stay under NDA because they involve partners I'd say Roon's approach is significantly different.
Maybe we read different parts or threads, but, we see many, many more comments about future plans with Roon. The only thing they don't comment on is exactly when stuff will come.
Roon Bridge, MC, RAAT, squeezebox support, DSD, phone app, Linux, headless, iPad app, etc were/are all posted as roadmap items well ahead of delivery. That is just off top of head.
Maybe we just have different perceptions or expectations.
Surely for any company promising an exact availability date of future software enhancements and features is just foolish, advising and discussing on a forum what you are planning to do and then generally (nothing is 100%) doing it is just sensible, it keeps speculation and impatience at bay and keeps users and owners feeling valued and involved. Now when did they say MQA would be available
The only thing they don't comment on is exactly when stuff will come.
Exactly.
I should have edited out your "only" and "exactly" and responded with "Yes and that's the issue I have with them." Sorry for being over the top but M has absorbed so much of my patience that I have little left for others.
Kal Rubinson "Music in the Round" Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile