I experienced the C15 re-boot loop for the first time this past weekend. Many thanks to Russ for taking the time to help me troubleshoot everything in the chain: C15, MD600 (WD Enterprise 4TB drives), 818v2.

By the time I spoke to Meridian Sooloos tech support in Atlanta, GA I was pretty convinced that something about the Tidal/Sooloos marriage was causing the problem. Like most marriages, things didn't start that way. I have been using Tidal for over nine months without incident until last Saturday.

The tech told me that my problem is known to Meridian and is considered a Tidal bug. He had no eta for a fix ("this is very high on the developer's priority list", and said that they have encouraged users to work around any way they could. That's not too reassuring in light of the dark hole that became of our costly Sooloos kit.

Looks like I'll just be using a Focus excluding Tidal for the time being... Oh Roon Server, Roon Server, wherefore art thou, Roon Server?


Derek Morris