I reject wholly the suggestion that it is not so impressive on headphones. I've done a lot of listening to my Staxes from 818v3 analogue output and the difference with MQA is very striking.
+1 to that.
I have done a lot of listening via both KEF M500 and Stax 009 and the differences are readily apparent through either earpseaker!Sweeter and more differentiated, less digital edge, better representation of percussive and melodic and harmonic elements of piano, and of acoustic of recording; above all more engaging through greater closeness to the musical intent and musicianship of the performers. This readily apparent on 44 and 96. Very close on 192. Similar findings via Martin Logan electrostatics.
Julie Fowlis track from Onkyo is impeccable
I will be interested to hear comparisons from other recording studios.
BTW Pure Music needs Explorer2 set as up to 192 and 24 bit in Audio Midi Setup, on Mac.