The seemingly endless wait continues............

As this thread now approaches the magical 10,000 views mark, I think back to Dec 2014 when we were told that 'Tidal integration with Sooloos will happen in early 2015'. Some articles even suggested Jan 2015. Maybe it could be first quarter now? Who knows?

Definition of the word early

1. happening or done before the usual or expected time.
2. belonging or happening near the beginning of a particular period.
3. Denoting or belonging to the beginning of a historical period or cultural movement

I'm hoping M's definition is either 1 or 2 and certainly not 3.

I've contacted Meridian support, Tidal support, spoke to some of dealers but no-one will stump up anything. I've also kept a regular eye on both M & TIDALs facebook & Twitter accounts - zilch. I also look everyday on the Apps Store & every time I run Control:PC to see if updated versions are available.

Some concerns raised elsewhere and putting 2 & 2 together and probably making 5 lead me to wonder about the following

1. As MQA correctly becomes all consuming, are M now only looking at launching Tidal with MQA when some music is available I.e. probably 2015 Q4 and not on its own?

2. What impact is that nice Mr Zeds purchase of Tidal going to have on product, partners etc?

Ironically I dumped Sonos to move to Sooloos for obvious reasons but now see that at least 4 or 5 TIDAL 'partners' are up and running already whilst we wait for some sort of sign, maybe just a smoke signal that will tell us not even that we have got it but when, would do for starters.

This is not a whinge, I love my M gear and the quality of the music at my disposal, but once you know nectar, ambrosia etc. is round the corner there's only so much salivating one can do before your mouth runs dry and you start to become disaffected. (Not happened yet though).

What a fantastic customer base we must be! So finally, if M could just give us a little sweetner, maybe just a date or if there are actually any problems preventing the launch, that would be nice.

One of the reasons I moved to M was their legendary customer service. I remember when i got my FIRST Sooloos gear and emailed them to say I couldn't access Napster as only Rhapsody accounts were available, I was disappointed that I didn't get a reply within 2 hours, but then after 3 hours I got an all user email saying that an upgrade was available allowing access via Napster!

Keep up the excellent work M but try and keep us a bit more informed along the way!


iPad Pro 12.9", MC200, MS200, QUAD pre amp/amp combo & ESL63's