The two things that stuck with me on the WhatHiFI interview.

1) "The technology is there, now it's about securing content rights for high-res music, which is a whole different game from Red Book CD quality," says Bratelund. I have said it once or more in the past, this is really a large or driving part behind this. I don't think it will take much to get the studios to sign up, though I notice Tidal's hardware partners are M, Aularic, Sonos, Macintosh, Linn and a couple even more obscure brands. Their entire years production is likely less than one month from Sony, Marantz, Denon, etc. We need the larger hardware players to signup for this to work.
I predict the end of the CD at this point, with studios giving customers the option of buy high and low rez versions of all their music via Tidal, itunes or whomever.

2) "Meridian added Tidal streaming to its Sooloos system earlier this month" Is this the case? Are there people out there beta testing this right now?


Primary: MD600, MS200 (SpeakerLink to AES), Trinnov ST-2, Ayre V6-xe, Salk SS8 3x LRC.
Secondary: MC600 (whole house).
Zone one: 568.2, G57, MS200, Spatial Hologram M2SE.
Zone 2-6 (Awaiting assignment).