Help needed...
I am struggeling to understand, despite all what is written already.
I have a MC200 and not yet a backup system, just as I was thinking to what NAS to buy M offers us the QNAP solution. So I am right on time.
If I get, lets say a 4 bay QNAP then I have the following assumptions, please advise or correct me.

Should get server quality drives in it?
I put my backup on drive 1, and that should be copied to a second drive as RAID1?

For now I have my CD rips on the MC200, when that is full then I rip towards the QNAP and by doing that I just grow my storage?

The fourth drive could be for other application I guess, or is that the back up for my MC200?

On the iPad, do I see then all albums I stored, regardless if they are on the MC or on the NAS?

Why is a RAID 1 NOT a back up, it seems to me as a full copy of the "master" drive?

Why would dBpoweramp be better than the great working MDMS import tool?

Would my rips on the QNAP also be available to my Squeeze box to be used as other zone?

All in all I would have 4 spinning hard drives for MDMS, isn't that a bit much?

Appreciate your help.


Living room: Ansuz Mainz8 C2, Uptone Ethernet Regen, Grimm MU1, Audionote (UK) DAC 5 Special, TT2, M2RIAA, Audionote (UK) OTO Line SE Signature, Fleetwood Deville SQ
sold (Q1-2024): 818v3, DSP7200SE
Office: MS200, audio engine A2+
Spare: STAX SRM-323II, SR303, MC200 (Roon ROCK’ed),
Roon: life time subscription