I would be highly surprised if the mid to high end NAS systems would be underpowered to run the core. Should be easily possible, with room to spare for other apps, storage, etc.

I can really see Meridian putting their streaming gear into a different market than their music and home cinema systems.
Like with the Explorer, also a different market.

Putting in the NAS as the core will allow them to enter at a totally different price point, generating significant more revenue.

I think it will be a bold and smart move.

For the real Meridian die hards, they will be able to focus their funds on end point & music system quality, which is where it counts, not in the commodity storage.

Anyway, we'll know in a few days.


Meridian G68 AXV, HD621 | Cinepro 2k6mk5 | 4x Scanspeak A4 monitors, center & 26W Sub | RPi Hifiberry digi+ | Roon