Having said the above though, I firmly believe that whether "Core" functionality is included in the QNAP offering is the key factor.

For new Users, an MD600 with 8TB of storage approximates to ~20,000 Albums (likely more) and thus would take care of the Music Library of the vast majority of likely Users.

A 2-bay QNAP 8TB would cost less but if the User also had to buy a Core device (with the �2,000 MC200 currently being the "cheapest" ) then there wouldn't be a huge advantage.

Without Core functionality, I think the appeal of the QNAP would primarily be to those who already have a Core capable device and are looking to expand their Sooloos Storage.

If Core is included, then I think it significantly reduces the cost of User buying into Sooloos in the first place. Quite akin to way that the MS200 (and indeed Explorers) have paved the way for many first time Meridian users to get their feet wet.

It is for this reason (and following the recent Marketing "Logic" of the MS200's and Explorers) that I think Core Functionality will form a part of the QNAP Offering from Meridian i.e. "Cheap" Cores, Storage and Endpoints will allow focus on the Endpoints (which are Meridian's strength anyway) and should allow M to significantly grow our User base.


-