logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 … 16 17
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
I think this is a great move for Meridian and us all.

Much of the focus here has been on the hardware, and it's odd I was just considering which NAS to invest in for backup, so obviously I'll wait now!

I'm interested in the software updates too, though - wondering if the move to have a plugin for dBpa might be a step towards, or even have a matching Sooloos update which might give better support for classical type metadata, dare we even hope track level metadata.


HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES
2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports.
Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 715
Likes: 16
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 715
Likes: 16
Originally Posted by Jetblast
With my luck, it won't include the one I have in my rack at the moment.

No mention of the tie up with Meridian on ether of their web sites/user forums. (that I could see)
Agreed I'm afraid!

Neil


1) MS200, G65, Revivers, DSP5000.2, DSP5000C.2, DSP3100, D1500, SME10/IV.

2) Mac Mini (Roon), Explorer 2, Sennheiser HD6XX.
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Coming back to the dBpa plugin - does this mean that Meridian are alienating Mac customers, or are we about to see a Mac dba release? wink

Every time I touch a PC I have to perform a cleansing ritual before my soul dies, and Windows 8 is truly spawn of evil...


HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES
2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports.
Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
XLD is free...

Not sure what the plug-in is going to do. Presumably it will allow you to directly import a CD to Sooloos using dBpoweramp without needing Control:PC open? It will be interesting to see how this handles metadata.


Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.

Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
So is Control:Mac! However, we don't know what, if any, extra functionality might come to dBpa or Control:Mac/PC as yet...

I already own full dBpa, but I really do hate PCs with a pure hatred wink I now only own an old editing workstation I do not intend to replace when it goes to that fiery place reserved for Microsoft products when they die.

I'll have to sully my poor mac by running a copy of Win 7 in boot camp I guess smile


HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES
2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports.
Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 175
Likes: 2
Ado Offline
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 175
Likes: 2
I too love the Mac (and run Bootcamp with Win 7) and have already ripped my collection - so not a lot of excitement about the dBpa add-on. But It will improve the experience for new entrants to the Meridian market which is good for all and dBpa at least verifies your rips to be bit perfect where Control:PC or Mac do not.


Z0: 861v8+ID41+Roon on a QNAP, Naim NAP300, Sonus Faber Amati Anniversario

Z1: Arcam AVR-450, Oppo BDP-103D, SkyQ, Apple TV, Kuro KRP-600A, Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento & Cremona Center M speakers, Martin Logan Descent-i Sub, 2 B&W wall speakers

Z2-6: Roon controlling MC600 Zones into Parasound amps to B&W ceiling speakers
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Originally Posted by Ado
... and dBPA at least verifies your rips to be bit perfect where Control:PC or Mac do not.
Yes they do, why do you belive they don't?

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Not sure if they check rips - Control:Mac/PC are based on EAC, as far as I recall, and that has had accurate rip checking for quite some time now. They certainly don't make the accuracy confidence level transparent to the user, but I suspect if they can't get an accurate rip they probably just fail ripping? Anyone know?

It would be good, given dBpa's popularity and the fact it's attracting plugins of this nature, to see a full Mac version, though.


HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES
2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports.
Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Bump on a Mac version.


Living room: 818v3, Parasound A23+, Maggie 1.6
A/V room: 861v8, DSP7200SE L/R/C, 4x DSP320 surrounds, ID41 + Roon, UHD722, Prime+PS
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 147
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 147
I use Parallels on my Mac. So I currently rip in dBpoweramp and drag the files onto my Mac for uploading using Control Mac. I would think that is easier than using Bootcamp, but can't say for sure as I have used Parallels from the off. I guess I could always point Control Mac at the Windows Music folder, especially when running Parallels in coherence.

Rob


Trinnov Altitude 32-8, Roon Nucleus, Oppo 103D, Kawero Classic, Thiel SS2 Subwoofer, Analog Domain M75D Mk2 amplifier, Aqua La Scala 2 DAC, Running Springs Dmitri (x2), Vertex (various), Kubala Sosna Expression /Synergistic interconnects/power cables
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
For a lower cost (no cost) alternative, you may want to try VirtualBox. It's rock solid, and free, but I think we may be pulling this thread way off topic.

Sorry


Living room: 818v3, Parasound A23+, Maggie 1.6
A/V room: 861v8, DSP7200SE L/R/C, 4x DSP320 surrounds, ID41 + Roon, UHD722, Prime+PS
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 175
Likes: 2
Ado Offline
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 175
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by Carl
Originally Posted by Ado
... and dBPA at least verifies your rips to be bit perfect where Control:PC or Mac do not.
Yes they do, why do you belive they don't?
I asked this question before Sooloos ripping - Does it check for bit perfect results? If so, how do you know

If they do, how do you know it was an accurate rip?

Cheers,
Ado

Last edited by Carl; 2013-07-28 05:09. Reason: URL wrapped with URL Tag

Z0: 861v8+ID41+Roon on a QNAP, Naim NAP300, Sonus Faber Amati Anniversario

Z1: Arcam AVR-450, Oppo BDP-103D, SkyQ, Apple TV, Kuro KRP-600A, Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento & Cremona Center M speakers, Martin Logan Descent-i Sub, 2 B&W wall speakers

Z2-6: Roon controlling MC600 Zones into Parasound amps to B&W ceiling speakers
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 … 16 17

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,169
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.049s Queries: 40 (0.025s) Memory: 0.8950 MB (Peak: 2.2170 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-05 21:43:55 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS