|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 219
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 219 |
I've had the same issue since updating to 10.7.4. ControlPC working through Parrellels works fine. It is just ControlMac. Hopefully we will see something soon from M. Otherwise Mac users heed Greg's warning. I wish I had seen it before I updated. I have contacted my Meridian Distributor, who has passed this along to M for comment and hopefully, a solution. Wayne ps I've added a photo link to show what this looks like. I hope it works. [img:left] http://photoshare.shaw.ca/messages/viewshow/29421848509-1337211730-81682/parm/[/img]
Last edited by Wayne; 2012-05-16 17:58. Reason: added information
System 1: 861v6+ID40, UHD722, DSP640x2, DSP520C, DSP320x2, DSWx2, Sony XBR-100Z9D, Oppo UDP-203, Kaleidescape, AppleTV 4K System 2: 808.3 upgraded to 808v6, MC200, HD621, DSP8000.2 with SE Upgrade System 3: F80 Currently unused: DSP3200x4, DSP33x2, DSP33C, D1500, DSP420x2, G68ADV, G98DH, HD421
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 207
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 207 |
I have this issue with ControlMac too but am running 106.8 still. Hopefully will be sorted soon?
Roon Core,UltraDAC, MS600, Bluesound Node 2, Auralic Aries G1 Arcam AV860 Pre/Pro, Oppo UDP-203EU, Linn 350A/340A, SVS SB3000, Audio Research LS28, Revel Embrace, NAD Masters M27,
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014 |
I run various OSX Versions on several Macs.......including 10.6.8 Snow Leopard...........and a few versions of 10.7 Lion
ControlMac works without issue on ALL of these machines
I use Chrome 18 and 19 for browsing and keep Safari for intermittent use........and it's only at v5.1.5 on the various machines
Strongly suspect that these issues are caused by the recent Safari change to 5.1.7............and thus is NOT a problem for Meridian to solve..........it's Apple's
IMHO, Chrome is the Browser to use on most platforms........and has several pronounced advantages over Safari in Features, Performance and Security.......strongly recommend its use instead of Safari
-
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2 |
I'm on 10.6.8 and have just seen this. I haven't updated anything recently.
Very odd.
Ex-moderator Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar SWMBO Room: 210, D33 Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives Desk: Merging Anubis Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...
Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013 Likes: 1
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013 Likes: 1 |
Strongly suspect that these issues are caused by the recent Safari change to 5.1.7............and thus is NOT a problem for Meridian to solve..........it's Apple's
IMHO, Chrome is the Browser to use on most platforms........and has several pronounced advantages over Safari in Features, Performance and Security.......strongly recommend its use instead of Safari That's as maybe, but you can't uninstall Safari in Lion. As such my personal view is that this IS Meridian's problem.
Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.
Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 219
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 219 |
I did manage to uninstall Safari 5.1.7 in Lion 10.7.4 using app-zapper. I also deleted ControlMac and then restarted the system before reinstalling ControlMac from the Sooloos web Client. It does NOT solve the problem.
Everything worked fine under Lion 10.7.3 and Safari 5.1.5 but the updates were installed at about the same time, so it is difficult to separate the blame. I believe it is the system upgrade and not Safari, as eliminating Safari (and all its caches and preferences) made no difference. My backup system (one of several) on a separate partition on the same Mac runs 10.7.3 and Safari 5.1.3 and ControlMac still works just fine. I am surprised, and puzzled, that the problem has been seen by some on 10.6.8.
I am still awaiting some response from M regarding this issue.
Regards,
Wayne
Last edited by Wayne; 2012-05-20 11:33. Reason: additional info
System 1: 861v6+ID40, UHD722, DSP640x2, DSP520C, DSP320x2, DSWx2, Sony XBR-100Z9D, Oppo UDP-203, Kaleidescape, AppleTV 4K System 2: 808.3 upgraded to 808v6, MC200, HD621, DSP8000.2 with SE Upgrade System 3: F80 Currently unused: DSP3200x4, DSP33x2, DSP33C, D1500, DSP420x2, G68ADV, G98DH, HD421
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21 |
My first post so I hope it is useful. I have had the same problem since updating to Safari 5.1.7 on MacPro and Macbook Pro. I reverted to 5.1.5 using the terminal commands at the link below and everything returned to normal, with Control Mac and Safari both running properly. In the second command remember to change 51 to 517 in order to delete the correct package. http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20110722154439693.Good luck. Ross.
Control:15, TwinStore 2GB*2, 500, Auralic Vega, Pass XA60.8 x2, B&W 802D, Stax lambda & SRM-T1S, Prime Headphone Amp., HiFiMan 500
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791 |
That sounds a like a plan (welcome Ross!), but if people aren't happy with Terminal, couldn't one just use another browser for the time being (I know you shouldn't have to)?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19 |
This problem hit me before I performed the second of the two updates - 10.7.4 first update, safari second update. So I don't think that the Safari update directly was the was the issue although I do believe that the changes to either the webkit API (which Safari uses to render web pages) or javascript is the problem.
Many apps use the webkit api other than Safari and I have seen indications that Sooloos Control Mac does, but to what extent I do not know. There seem to be issues emerging with other apps and websites where css formatting is used and have been broken with the update. Many other apps use webkit, including as I understand the Chrome browser and numerous other apps that send/receive http requests or render http. Webkit is also used on other platforms, not just OSX or iOS.
Backing out an app is one thing, but IMHO backing out a whole API which is core to the OS is asking for trouble for what is basically a cosmetic issue - dark text on a black background.
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21 |
I agree that it is probably a change in the webkit api. You can see the extent of the changes as terminal performs the swap to the prior edition of Safari. It is certainly much more than simply removing and re-installing a program. I should have said that I am running 10.6.8, and so the only change was to Safari. Since the earlier version had no problems and I simply did a routine upgrade, I would not expect the earlier version of the api to have any problems. This may not be true if the api changed with a system upgrade from 10.7.3 to 10.7.4, and therefore may be involved in more than just Safari.
Control:15, TwinStore 2GB*2, 500, Auralic Vega, Pass XA60.8 x2, B&W 802D, Stax lambda & SRM-T1S, Prime Headphone Amp., HiFiMan 500
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2 |
I don't find it to be just "cosmetic". It's enough of an irritant to have stopped me from importing any further files until it's fixed.
Ex-moderator Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar SWMBO Room: 210, D33 Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives Desk: Merging Anubis Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...
Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19 |
Well as its cosmetic, you can change the look to at least make it usable.
In System Preferences/Universal Access/Seeing, invert the screen colours by selecting 'white on black' - keyboard shortcut, ctrl+alt+cmd+8. There is enough contract to clearly read the text.
There may be other ways to achieve the same which would be interesting to hear. I don't know whether selecting an alternative css style sheet in Safari prefs will work with non Safari apps that use webkit. [update]No it does not - see post #167186 23 May[/update]
A workaround yes, but at least it gets you going.
Last edited by Ian; 2012-05-23 02:24. Reason: Updated after testing alternative css
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
425
guests, and
4
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,179
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|