Originally Posted by George Mills
I think folks are confusing Martin Logan's message vs Meridian's situation. Meridian has always been pretty good about fixing old stuff. But if they can't sources parts they eventually have to drop some things and I think that is the only time they said they won't fix something. It also has nothing to do with direct communications. And I'd be curious how much direct communciation Martin Logan allows vs having to go through a dealer. Smaller companies can do that, but as they get bigger with more customers they have to have help from dealers. And Martin Logan didn't say (as far as I know, appoligies if I read that wrong) that they would fix anything for FREE, just that they would have "Lifetime Support". If it is lifetime repairs for Free and Transferable, then that is pretty amazing.

George I agree with you 100% on the state of manufacturing at M and the high quality components that they use. I am also impressed with the quality of staff at M. I am happy with my G98DH (bought cheap after discontinuation). I am happy with my HD621 and thrilled with the 861 v6. It is undoubtedly more difficult to support legacy electronics than electrostatic speakers.

As for Martin Logan, the amount of communication They allow direct with HQ is fantastic. Last year, for example, I had a problem with my 8 year old Prodigy's (rear channels). Over the phone tech support correctly diagnosed the problem gave instructions how to remove and ship the high-pass and returned them to me in one week. Oh, and the warranty is for 5 years but they covered them after 8. I believe the annual sales at ML is a little over $20 million. I applaud ML's decision of "support for life". And I am certain that all the support is not free, but it is nice to know if you want them fixed it is available at the factory. I have both M and ML in my system because I like their products and they are both fine companies.

Regards,
Gary


My Kit: Trinnov Altitude 32,Oppo BDP 203, Sony 600es, Martin Logan Neoliths Mains with VTL Siegfried II's, ML CLX's, ML Renaissance, 5 ML Theaters,13 ML Vanquish, 6 ML Edges, 6 ML Axis' 8 Velodyne DD-18+'s, Pass Labs 600.8,Pass Labs 160.8, Pass labs 160.5, Bryston 14B-SST, 6B-SST,6 Bryston 9BSST^2's, 14' Stewart Screen, Berkely Alpha DAC RS