|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2 |
I think apodizing in the 800 is far more important than apodizing in the processors. Personally, I won't be using apodizing in my G68 when (if) it arrives and I am now completely convinced of the importance of upsampling in the source and SPDIF connection at 2x rates. - which reminds me of Ronnie's (or was it Carl's) opinion that 800 non-apodizing upsampling into 861v6 was better than 800 not upsampling into 861 apodizing upsampling. 800 apodizing could bring a lot to those who have the machine.
Last edited by MrMarbach; 2011-01-09 03:21.
Ex-moderator Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar SWMBO Room: 210, D33 Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives Desk: Merging Anubis Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...
Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
|