Originally Posted by GaryArthur
I spent some time in the M booth at CES today. Said Hello to Bob Stuart but did not talk with him (Hey I'm just name dropping). I did spend some time with Ken Forsythe, Director of Product Placement, Meridian America. Ken is a very nice man and while I have talked to him on the phone before this was the first time I have talked to him in person.

My first question was regarding a thread from the end of last year with a bunch pictures of boards in the v6 and the thought that there was very little difference between the v4 and v6. Ken's reply was that there was only one board in common between the v6 and v4 and that was the one that connected to the computer. He said "To the untrained eye they may look the same but if you look closely they are all different" He explained at length that the differences between the v6 and v4 were too numerous and too great to be able to do a physical upgrade. The dates and Bob's intials are on each board. Ken suggested that if someone looked they would easily spot this.

On the occassions that I have spoken with Ken I have found him to have been well informed, honest and direct. I have some freinds that know him and say he is a man of integrity. I have no reason to disbelieve anything that he said. On the other hand I may disagree with him from time to time as you can read in my next post.

Regards,
Gary

What thread with pcitures of V6 boards. There were no pictures of V6 boards that I'm aware of.

The Pictures were of 861v4 vs G61.


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2