Originally Posted by Evdberg
Originally Posted by Asa Post
So you break off all diplomatic relations and we never get anything except a bad taste in the mouth?
I do not see how my actions (see below) or lack thereof (not bothering anymore) results in you not getting anything except a bad taste in the mouth. I think it is time that as much people as possible contact their dealer and ask for promised firmware updates, fixes or whatever they need.

Originally Posted by Asa Post
What is your solution?
I have indicated last june that I am interested in several M products but won't buy anything as long as the promised V1.5 firmware for the G68 is not released. My dealer then got answer from M which I posted on this forum. He thought that this was enough to restore my confidence, but since it was just the same old promise without any hard dates (which I specifically asked for) it is not. Half a year has passed since and still not a sign that anything will come soon. Pretty pathetic, don't you think? So if everybody joins in the boycott that has been recently proposed, maybe we have some weight to get things done.

This is exactly what the "Say No to Dealers" thread was all about.

I think Meridian has worn out a few long term customers.

I still think their sound is tough to beat for the money. But even if a firend had the money I'd think twice about recommending them. I didn't say I wouldn't but I'd have think serious about and I'd have to give them some warning.

I think this does also have to do with selling more "upscale". The upscale customers wouldn't know what Trifield Width is or Apodizing.


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2