logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 436
Likes: 36
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 436
Likes: 36
Hi all,

I'm trying to find out if I have the latest firmware version on our Meridian products.
So far I am not able to find this using the legacy sconfigurator software from Meridian.

I think I have found something about a fw version, when I enabled diagnostic display on the 568, when I turned it when I pressed Display on the remote it showed the fw version I think.
The 568 showed 1.54, and if my research is correct the latest version is 1.55 ?

If so, it's still not clear to me where to download firmware files, and if it's possible to firmware update all of our Meridian products myself ?

I hope somebody here can give me some answers, thanks in advance!


#1 568.2mm, HD621, G91DH, 513, 511, DSP3100 , DSP33C , DSP33, 2x MJ Pro 50 MKI, M1500
#2 G68ADV, HD621, DSP3100, DSP33C, DSP33, 3x MJ Pro 50 MKII, Control 15, Vertex 2
#3 G61rsl, HD621, 596P, DSP7000, DSP5500HC, DSP33, 2x MJ Pro 50 MKII, M1500

Spare: , 2x 568.2mm, 562V.2, DSP33, Director, G55, M60.2, MS200,
Applied mods: NOS-SRx Filter by Mr. Apodizer
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Meridian fw is not publicly available to download, you need to contact a local dealer.

Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 436
Likes: 36
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 436
Likes: 36
Thanks,

Taking a look over an web archive link from Meridian's website from 2004, back then Meridian had the firmware updates just available over on their website.

I've downloaded some older firmware releases with no problem, I've got the fupload.exe and also the .mfu firmware files.
Unfortunately these are older than the ones which are on omy Meridian devices.

When I looked further on web archive, going to about 2008, then I can find all the latest firmware versions.
But unfortunately they are not packaged with lossless .mfu firmware files anymore, but are all based around setup.exe
I'm not able to finish the setup.exe since it requires an update/connection to Meridian's server which fails unfortunately.
So far I am not able to run these setup.exe files to update the firmware of my devices.

I hope there is perhaps another way to run these setup.exe files or get the .mfu firmware files another way?

Last edited by BokitoNL; 2019-09-17 08:41.

#1 568.2mm, HD621, G91DH, 513, 511, DSP3100 , DSP33C , DSP33, 2x MJ Pro 50 MKI, M1500
#2 G68ADV, HD621, DSP3100, DSP33C, DSP33, 3x MJ Pro 50 MKII, Control 15, Vertex 2
#3 G61rsl, HD621, 596P, DSP7000, DSP5500HC, DSP33, 2x MJ Pro 50 MKII, M1500

Spare: , 2x 568.2mm, 562V.2, DSP33, Director, G55, M60.2, MS200,
Applied mods: NOS-SRx Filter by Mr. Apodizer
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 436
Likes: 36
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 436
Likes: 36
A small update, strangely I am able to install the setup.exe files which connect fine to Meridian's server when I run them on my Windows 10 machine.
But not on Windows XP VM, which I use to run the legacy software.

I also created a new Windows XP VM but same result, it cannot connect to the servers.
See provided screenshot as an example of my problem.

So strangely enough the setup.exe files run fine on my Windows 10 machine, I don't understand why they don't run as there is no firewall or proxy blocking the network traffic.

I hope somebody here can help me out, thx in advance,

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]


#1 568.2mm, HD621, G91DH, 513, 511, DSP3100 , DSP33C , DSP33, 2x MJ Pro 50 MKI, M1500
#2 G68ADV, HD621, DSP3100, DSP33C, DSP33, 3x MJ Pro 50 MKII, Control 15, Vertex 2
#3 G61rsl, HD621, 596P, DSP7000, DSP5500HC, DSP33, 2x MJ Pro 50 MKII, M1500

Spare: , 2x 568.2mm, 562V.2, DSP33, Director, G55, M60.2, MS200,
Applied mods: NOS-SRx Filter by Mr. Apodizer
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
The software version you are running as pictured will not work with your listed equipment in your signature.


www.cmbintegrations.com
One step from the Presidency
#1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218.
#2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies.
#3 Meridian Ellipse
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 436
Likes: 36
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 436
Likes: 36
Thanks for your message.

To be honest I find this strange, why is it not compatible with my products?

For example if I download a DSP33 or 568 firmware from the following link, I'm always getting an setup.exe installer which looks like that.
Why won't that be compatible then, I don't understand?

Meridian Download Components


#1 568.2mm, HD621, G91DH, 513, 511, DSP3100 , DSP33C , DSP33, 2x MJ Pro 50 MKI, M1500
#2 G68ADV, HD621, DSP3100, DSP33C, DSP33, 3x MJ Pro 50 MKII, Control 15, Vertex 2
#3 G61rsl, HD621, 596P, DSP7000, DSP5500HC, DSP33, 2x MJ Pro 50 MKII, M1500

Spare: , 2x 568.2mm, 562V.2, DSP33, Director, G55, M60.2, MS200,
Applied mods: NOS-SRx Filter by Mr. Apodizer
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
The Legacy Configuration program is what is compatible with your devices for setting them up. Flash Upload Program (winfup) is what is used for updating firmware.


www.cmbintegrations.com
One step from the Presidency
#1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218.
#2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies.
#3 Meridian Ellipse
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 436
Likes: 36
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 436
Likes: 36
Yes, I'm aware of this. The Legacy Configuration program and Flash Upload Program are both inside these setup.exe files (see picture below as an example).

The strange thing is, that I am only able to run this setup using my Windows 10 machine, and not inside a Windows XP machine.
Then I always get the error that I cannot find and connect to Meridian's server to check for an update.
The Windows XP VM does have a fully working internet connection, even with firewalls disabled I'm still getting the error.

I am getting the same setup.exe for every firmware file I need on that web archive page.
It seems to me like Meridian later on combined all the files in one setup.exe to make it easier perhaps?

Anyway when I run this setup on my Windows 10 machine, I do get the latest winfup as well as all the firmware files.
Perhaps I can just copy over winfup.exe with the firmware files over to my XP virtual machine, and replace the old one?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]


#1 568.2mm, HD621, G91DH, 513, 511, DSP3100 , DSP33C , DSP33, 2x MJ Pro 50 MKI, M1500
#2 G68ADV, HD621, DSP3100, DSP33C, DSP33, 3x MJ Pro 50 MKII, Control 15, Vertex 2
#3 G61rsl, HD621, 596P, DSP7000, DSP5500HC, DSP33, 2x MJ Pro 50 MKII, M1500

Spare: , 2x 568.2mm, 562V.2, DSP33, Director, G55, M60.2, MS200,
Applied mods: NOS-SRx Filter by Mr. Apodizer
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Hi,

Firmware should be available from your local dealer or failing that I suggest you contact one of the HH friendly dealers that post on here.
I'll PM you their contact details, I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

Firmware files aside, the latest versions of the following Meridian software tools are available from the Meridian's Support Section

- Configuration Program
- Control Window
- Flash Upload Program
- Legacy Configuration Program

They all run fine on Windows 10, I've not run Window XP for years either natively or as VM so I can't comment on that.

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 40
Likes: 1
JBS Offline
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 40
Likes: 1
Hello BokitoNL,

I've installed very recently on XP SP3 native a Meridian setup software stack.
I saw no issues in doing it using the latest Setup.exe program.
Are you sure your VM XP OS has network connection right to the internet? This is required as the setup program connects to the internet.

Hope this helps.

Guido.


568.1 Processor, 562v3 MController, 596 DVD Player, 504 Tuner, MC200, MS600, 218, 210, Roon
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 436
Likes: 36
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 436
Likes: 36
Thanks all for your response!

I will contact a Meridian dealer!


#1 568.2mm, HD621, G91DH, 513, 511, DSP3100 , DSP33C , DSP33, 2x MJ Pro 50 MKI, M1500
#2 G68ADV, HD621, DSP3100, DSP33C, DSP33, 3x MJ Pro 50 MKII, Control 15, Vertex 2
#3 G61rsl, HD621, 596P, DSP7000, DSP5500HC, DSP33, 2x MJ Pro 50 MKII, M1500

Spare: , 2x 568.2mm, 562V.2, DSP33, Director, G55, M60.2, MS200,
Applied mods: NOS-SRx Filter by Mr. Apodizer
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 203
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 203
Just yesterday I tried to update the legacy program on the same XP build laptop that I've been using for years to program Meridian and got the same error as you.

It worked fine however on a Win7 VM. on another computer.





1) 568.2mm, 7K's, 5K5HC, 4x420's, D2500, MS200, moded Oppo BDP, Epson5020 FP
2) 218, 5200SE, DSW
3) MC200 core & MS200s to HK PA4000 house distribution
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
5 members (Chris G, MVirgil, Gemeni, JCD, Falcon), 206 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,176
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.052s Queries: 40 (0.024s) Memory: 0.8920 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-06 15:39:23 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS