There has been a lot of discussion on the forum regarding the merits of preventative maintenance with respect to the resistors in older DSP5000 speakers. Less so about the benefits of changing the capacitors on the amp board. Both are well worth doing to give the speakers a new lease of life.
Based on what I have learnt from "refreshing" my own speakers, I would like to help other HH by offering component kits to the owners of DSP5000 and DSP5000C speakers.
Each kit comprises: Qty Value Manufacturer Range
2 1000uF 16V Nichicon Fine Gold
4 100uF 63V Nichicon Fine Gold
5 10uF 50V Nichicon Fine Gold
2 3.3uF 400V Ansar Supersound
1 680R 4W Ceramic n/a
1 330R 4W Ceramic n/a
1 15cm wire
Currently the kit would cost £25 per speaker including shipping to the UK.
If you are interested, please contact me via PM.
- If required, the 10uF 50V capacitors can be substituted for 10uF 63V;
- If required, the 330R 4W resistor can be substituted for another 680R 4W;
- Check what components you need before getting in touch via PM;
- I make no assumption on your capability to undertake the work, and cannot accept any responsibility for any damage caused by using the components supplied;
- I cannot promise a fast turn around
- The cost may rise in the future
- I am not a business, just looking to help fellow HH