Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#263155 - 2017-04-17 10:12 Re: Little Rabbit Barn 2017 [Re: ChrisLayerUK]
ChrisLayerUK Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government

Loc: Colchester, Essex, UK
Well if you follow all things Little Rabbit Barn, and why wouldn't you? You are going to love this.

Kelly Sloan playing a cover of 'Will you still love me to tomorrow' from Goffin/King

Just enjoyed the Carol King interview on BBC Radio 2

Kelly Sloan with Curtis Chaffey

It sounds excellent here and my new (to me) Manfroto Tripod hits the spot.

Chris

Edited by ChrisLayerUK (2017-04-17 14:26)
Edit Reason: Added
MC200 500GB, QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into 2 MS200's. Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2 and Mini. 596 v1.89.2, 518, G61R, M60.2 Rosewood, M33C, M33 Rears, M1500 Sub, Foxsat HD, Sony Blu Ray, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos.

#263362 - 2017-04-20 19:39 Re: Little Rabbit Barn 2017 [Re: ChrisLayerUK]
ChrisLayerUK Offline

Carter Sampson got a spin and great recommendation on Bob Harris Country BBC Radio Two tonight.
Coming next to The Little Rabbit Barn.

Carter Sampson on Roon
MC200 500GB, QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into 2 MS200's. Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2 and Mini. 596 v1.89.2, 518, G61R, M60.2 Rosewood, M33C, M33 Rears, M1500 Sub, Foxsat HD, Sony Blu Ray, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos.

#263682 - 2017-04-30 11:26 Re: Little Rabbit Barn 2017 [Re: ChrisLayerUK]
ChrisLayerUK Offline

After J had a major computer upgrade we now have two new videos from Liv Austen, Detour with Jon Wright on guitar.

Because of their unavoidable late arrival this was recorded without a full sound check so a lot of work had to be done to make sure the standard is up there as we like it.

The sound was amazing in the room on the night but we had no time to get recording levels where we would ideally like them. This stuff doesn't happen by accident...

Anyway, please enjoy ...

#263980 - 2017-05-07 16:19 Re: Little Rabbit Barn 2017 [Re: ChrisLayerUK]
ChrisLayerUK Offline

Tonight we had an amazing night of music (again) at Little Rabbit Barn with Hannah White, Carter Sampson with B-J Baartmans on guitar and Danni Nichols with Max Milligan and a full band.

The Stage pre gig. Simon Allen our sound man had his work cut out.

A short review. Hannah White, just lovely and even played standing up with a broken leg. Not a very Rock 'n' roll injury though. She dropped a heavy pan on it.

Hannah White

Carter Sampson with B-J Baartmans on guitars. Sensational!!!
Carter is one of those artists that simply floors you live and B-J can make a Telecaster (and any other guitar for that matter) sing. Simply stunning!

After a slow breakfast Carter also spent the morning helping us take the barn down as well.
B-J ducked this bit but when you play as well as he does we can forgive him, A lovely man.
Carter Sampson had the honour of being the Only artist to mount her own plaque on the wall of fame. We are so proud!

Carter Sampson on the Wall of Fame.....

Danni Nichols with Max Milligan and full band. A showstopper! Danni took time away from her tour supporting Shakin' Stevan's to come play for us. This is healthily grounding after 20 dates in 'Shakey Land'.

Danni Nichols Band
That was a night of live music that will go down in the history books.

Danni Nichols and Carter Sampson after the show

B-J Baartmans warming up pre gig.

Edited by ChrisLayerUK (2017-05-07 21:45)
Edit Reason: Pic added

#264256 - 2017-05-15 07:20 Re: Little Rabbit Barn 2017 [Re: ChrisLayerUK]
ChrisLayerUK Offline

A couple of videos are up from Carter Sampson and B-J Baartmans at our last LRB gig.

Highway Rider

and to close the show

Rattlesnake Kate

I hope you enjoy another little slice of LRB magic.

Chris

#264354 - 2017-05-17 22:41 Re: Little Rabbit Barn 2017 [Re: ChrisLayerUK]
ChrisLayerUK Offline

Little Rabbit Barn friend Tallulah Rendall has a pledge campaign for her latest project.

Tallulah Rendall

To say she is unique is an understatement.

Chris

#265013 - 2017-06-05 18:01 Re: Little Rabbit Barn 2017 [Re: ChrisLayerUK]
ChrisLayerUK Offline

Tonight was the night for some UK Country rock music at The Little Rabbit Barn with an American twist for what was, can you believe it, the 78th gig.

The twist? A debut appearance from The Flyin' A's who were introduced to us by Simon and Rebecca from The Rosellys who also opened the evening.
It was a year ago when Rebecca proposed this combination after we saw The Flyin' A's at The Golden Lion in Bristol with her, Simon and some of their band. "They are perfect for the LRB" she said at the time, and how right she was.

The Rosellys with The Flyin'A's

So, the evening began with The Rosellys playing the up tempo song Queensland Sky[/i] featuring some fine fiddle from Simon to get the LRB feet tapping. Ashfield 1784, another true story followed.
"It's nice to do an Acoustic set with just the two of us" they said, "which also means we get twice the money" remarked Simon to Rebecca's distain. He got 'the look', Laughs all around....
Rebecca told the story of how they met The Flyin' A's after a 1000 mile trip to a festival in America. 1000 Miles is the appropriate title to the next song.

As you can probably tell, Simon's dry humour shone all through this set.

"We have been 12 years as a couple and it's time I wrote some love songs. I'm happy in my relationship so I don't normally write them" says Rebecca, Holding on is the first result of this musical direction played tonight.

Rebecca plays Simons banjo for the next song. She bought this for Simon 10 years ago. "I've had it all these years but at least I've had the decency not to play it" Simon quips with perhaps a sense of irony.
Anyways it's a fine instrument in Rebecca's hands so if your feeling low, enjoy Dark Clouds or Blue Sky. Simon seemed happy enough to join in though with some nice harmonies and we enjoyed it too. "At least it's only the one song". More laughs....

Another new song about relationships prompted by The Rosellys Bass player's insistence on more material is Don't Pull Away. Rebecca's first attempt at something more commercial which Is not yet recorded on a CD. Simon agreed with us, "She has done a fine job here".
The Flyin A's , Stuart and Hilary, joined in for two tracks whilst Rebecca wore her 'Nashville hat' for Lyn.
Independent Lady, played For Hilary, was the first in this 'Mini Jam Session' with some fine acoustic lead guitar from Stuart Adamson which set the tone for what's to come.

The Flyin' A's

On the Porch was the last Fiddle driven number that got the audience clapping with Hilary. "Don't wander too far" she says "you'll be back on later to do more work, we all work hard to get here, don't we?" Say Hilary with a Texan twang before telling us of how they met Simon and Rebecca in San Antoine and of the 27 hours of fun and excitement to get here tonight from Austin Texas.
We were never going to miss this LRB gig Hilary told me later, this was our main focus. Such is the reputation of the Little Rabbit Barn amongst musicians.
I won't stop loving you was to first number from their new album YOU DRIVE ME CRAZY.
Hilary and Stuart come from families of farmers and ranchers from Minnesota and West Texas respectively, so the next song was about the troubles ordinary people here face holding on to their own land. This Dirt, which is also on the new album tells the story.
They were in a documentary film which was noticed by The Oakland A's baseball team who tried to take them on for the name. This song was dedicated to the lawyers fees. It Ain't Funny, "Too many days till the next round of money".

Little Miss Tumbleweed is dedicated to the first Tumbleweed Hilary saw coming for her as she drove her old Subaru Station Wagon in Texas. "They may look big, but they are easy".
Blood and Bone was next, a solo from Stuart also on the new album. This was a lovely 'Pin Drop' moment. Nice.
Time to up the tempo again with more blistering acoustic guitar solos from Stuart.

"My Mum asked, why don't you write love songs instead of songs about trucks and cheating etc?" Says Hilary, so here it is Weak and Wild. That was another lovely Pin Drop moment.
Roadwork Ahead was next bringing the pace up again and getting the LRB crowd clapping along. You come to the LRB and your part of the band.
Rebecca and Simon came back on stage for the last two numbers, Simon on fiddle too.
Crazy Heart and So Long became another Jam from the first album 'TILL THEY SHUT IT DOWN.
That's it then 9 o'clock and time for food. We were so glad we took a chance on The Flyin' A's they were and are great.

Lyn and her team triumph again with their feeding of the 5000. (It must seem like it for them)
Salmon or quiche tonight was the option with Strawberries and Meringue to follow. The raffle was drawn and it passed me by in a blur so back to the Music.
A big thanks to the Raffle Girls and all who donate prizes.

Fred's House; back after two years opened with a bang and it just never slowed down.
A real guitar and drum driven sound.
Never Gonna Love you, It's Sad But True and Shut up and Dance were for starters.

Griff and Vicky Fred's House

They thought they were asking too much for monitor adjustments after having a Salmon and all in hospitality. Paul wanted to wait for the football result before playing. Well, you can't have it all Paul, but we can do the monitors.
Fire was next followed by a song about depression I'm not saying from LOOKING GLASS In an ironic upbeat style.
A couple of new songs next as they are working on album three. "We need to try them out" says Vicky.
Can we just pretend should defiantly be on the next album as it is a great song and arrangement. I was watching my brothers reactions in the audience and I have never seen him move like that if that's any gauge on quality, and it is.

Fred's House, Paul on Drums is out of shot but we filmed him with my Go Pro.

After the release of the album FAULT LINES, Lachlan the guitarist left the band for a girl. They wrote California for a girl for him and sent it over. This touched him and caused him to return and as a punishment they make him play it now. It's great they have him back as his guitar sound is amazing and a big part of the chemistry of Fred's House.
Careless followed but Paul still hasn't seen the football results as he is too busy drumming.
Beautiful You next from BONNIE AND CLYDE brought more audience participation and Paul Richards singing at the end.... laughs... he kinda miked it.

Bonnie and Clyde from the album of the same name brought the tempo down for a while. That's a lovely song and it builds a pace and finishes with another pin drop moment.
Take a ride is next, "Are we Feelin' good, are we Feelin' sexy" calls Vicky, yes, the tempo is up again. That's what you come to expect from Fred's House.

A special request from Jonathan after hearing it at soundcheck was The Chain
This song is special to the LRB after The Frankie Davies Band covered it here. We knew Fred's House were up to it though.
Standing Next To Me and Ghost Town quickly followed with more clapping and foot stomping in the crowd.
"This Next song is about the Bad Boys, The Players, The Paul Richards of this world, look out ladies." Paul hid his blushes behind the drums.

"So Stuffed, So Hot and So Happy" says Vicky as she introduce the last number Another Universe with the 'Thank You's'.
"Can we come back every year?" She appeals. Well based on that performance, I'm not complaining.
Of course we had an encore which had people standing up and dancing whilst my nephew Mark Kyan (Can we name and shame him?) was dancing in the aisle with Hilary Adamson. He has some brilliant moves on him and the LRB have never seen anything like it, especially as he was dressed to kill. Once seen never forgotten.

Fred's House are a band who bring the party with them, you know your in for a good time.
If you missed this make it your business to see all of tonight's artists live, you won't be disappointed.
Tom Fairbairn controlled the Mackie Digital sound system tonight aided by Chris and it is thanks to these guys that the sound quality is so good.

This is the glamerous side of hosting Music. Jonathan and me washing up after the big take down. That saved £40 on paper plates.

Chris

Edited by ChrisLayerUK (2017-06-05 18:50)
Edit Reason: Pics added

#265257 - 2017-06-15 08:13 Re: Little Rabbit Barn 2017 [Re: ChrisLayerUK]
ChrisLayerUK Offline

We have Christina Martin, Annie Keating and Nicole Silva coming next.

LRB gigs page

Here is some Annie Keating final rehearsal footage.

Annie Keating rehearsal video

Should be another amazing night.

Chris

#265480 - 2017-06-27 12:52 Re: Little Rabbit Barn 2017 [Re: ChrisLayerUK]
ChrisLayerUK Offline

Here are some recent YouTube videos which sound great from recent LRB gigs.

The Flyin' A's

I won't stop loving you

Weak and Wild

This is just beautiful. Listen to the vocals.......

Then Rebecca Rosewell and Simon Kelly from The Rosellys

Queensland Sky

Asheville 1784

And one more from the incomparable Carter Sampson

Queen of Oklahoma

Telecaster fans will just love B-J Baartmans solo and overall playing here.

I hope you enjoy them, they are properly mixed so should not disappoint.

Edited by ChrisLayerUK (2017-06-27 13:05)
Edit Reason: Added comment

#265577 - 2017-07-01 08:12 Re: Little Rabbit Barn 2017 [Re: ChrisLayerUK]
ChrisLayerUK Offline

If you have never seen Fred's House and how they can rock then here's a peek.

As it says on the back of the Ziggy Stardust album. Play Loud.......

This Little Boy

Can we just pretend

How's this for a gig.....

Edited by ChrisLayerUK (2017-07-01 08:15)
Edit Reason: Added pic

#265868 - 2017-07-12 19:55 Re: Little Rabbit Barn 2017 [Re: ChrisLayerUK]
ChrisLayerUK Offline

Tonight we celebrated Lyns Birthday with some sensational music, great company, excellent food and perhaps a glass or two amongst friends.

Nicole Silva opened the evening with a 15 minute set of original songs accompanied by Adam Churchill on his Gretch guitar. She has a day job of presenting Keep It Country on Sky TV and has recently started to follow her dream of singing so this was a great experience for her to perform to such an attentive crowd.

Nicole Silva

Next up we enjoyed an old LRB friend Annie Keating with her trio. Scott Warman on double bass and Steve Mayone on guitars and mandolin. "I'm not so old" Annie quips.... laughs. 
Coney Island from the Album MAKE BELIEVING was the first song requested for Lyn on her birthday. I hope she heard it but she may have been out the back cooking at the time.... 
This brought back memories of the last time Annie played it here when accompanied by Trina Hamlin. You can still enjoy that performance on the LRB YouTube channel. A classic.

The Annie Keating Trio

Just for today From FOR KEEPS was the next song. Its about getting out of town and it just bowled along with Steve's Mandolin cutting through the lovely bass rhythm.

Cris on sound was gently teased before the next track One shot pony. Steve played a lovely Epiphone Semi Acoustic here. 
Now this Trio are really on form, Annie doing her moves and getting to her knees at the end. "My daughter always worries when I do that move" she says, "perhaps you're too old?" More laughs; this time of understanding from our more senior attendees. "It's a fair concern, it really is".

Annie Keating

The next song was about learning how to play guitar, the feeling of possibility, the doors are open when you're young and anything seems possible. Its called Belmont from the Album of the same name. Steve is on acoustic guitar this time. 

For the taking, the opening track on the Album BELMONT is about being in the moment you're in. Something listening to or playing music forces upon you. "This time won't come again, this time is for the taking". Is the thought provoking lyric.

Storm warning from FOR KEEPS finds Steve back on Electric Guitar and some lovely slide playing. "This needs no explanation, it's about being caught in a storm" says Annie.

Now we had to have an audience vote; do we want Steve on Electric guitar or Mandolin? 
Mandolin got the vote by a whisker and Sunny Dirt Road is the song taken from MAKE BELIEVING. The recent hot weather has made this very appropriate with its lazy sunny days. "Leave all our cares behind, no telling what we may find, down this sunny dirt road". Another great lyric from Annie Keating.

Steve Mayone

Valentine from BELMONT was next. It's a love song. 
We enjoyed lovely harmonies from Steve and Scott throughout this set as well as their great playing. There is something magical about the sight and sound of a well played double bass in the room.

Scott Warman

On the road by 10 was played for Terry Goldsmith. "After gigs it seems like we are always on the road by 10 no matter what, I don't know why?" Says Annie. It's a song written out of experience.
"Out until dawn, on the road by 10" is a part of the lyric that says it all. Isn't it great when music is about something interesting?

After few thank you's from Annie she says "Now you get to sing along" before Steve took over and shamelessly plugged the CD's for sale with a threatening New York Mafia accent. ... Big laughs
This song is called Lucky from TRICK STAR "because I feel lucky to be here".

Trouble is a digital download release alongside the TRICK STAR Album. This gave us a chance to join in with some finger snapping with Scott. "Some songs come along slowly but this one came quickly in about an hour" says Annie. More great slide guitar from Steve

"This next song You Bring The Sun is about that feeling when somebody turns a light on inside you and it's a singalong" Annie explains.
Well the LRB crowd didn't disappoint with this great tune from TRICK STAR Annie Keating's latest release. 
To finish we had a classic John Prine tune Angel From Montgomery. What a way to end an unforgettable set. Perfect! That was just as good as it gets folks.

The food break passed me in a blur but the taste lingered. It was just what we all needed with time for people to reflect on the great performance we have just enjoyed and to anticipate what's to come. 
Lyn, even on her birthday, managed to excel. The boys at the bar were kept very busy too. No raffle prize for me again though.

You have got to be good to follow that Annie Keating set with any confidence, although we knew from past experience that Christina Martin and her band were more than up to the task. 

Christina Martin Band

I've got a gun was the terrific opener. Track three from the IT'LL BE ALRIGHT Album.
Christina on Guitar and Vocals, Dale Murray on Guitars and wow, he can make them sing. With a solid backline of Callum Williams On Bass and Justin Johnson on Drums. 

With a little more vocal monitor It'll be Alright was next from the Album of the same name.

Christina tells us of the three Psychic's she met whose readings were spot on with her early life experience that inspired this song, You don't have to leave tonight. Another from the IT'LL BE ALRIGHT Album.

"Are you ready?" she asks "I'm alright too, thanks for asking".... laughs 
"It's really nice to be invited back. 'Fantabulous', that is a real word?" Yes it is, we all agreed. 

Christina Martin

Tales from the Psychic's continued, predicting great things and in 9 months she will fall for a baby boy. "Vasectomy" quipped her husband Dale..... more laughs.
They played a new song next, When the dark meets the light. Brilliant.

"The next one is a love song for a place. As touring musicians we travel a lot, we meet cool people but we have to move on. The good news is we come around and meet them again". 

So this is a song for Amsterdam, a place she has been to but never had the chance to stay in, Christina tells us. It was dedicated to James in the audience who has stayed there. She wanted someone to sing it to. Puppet Museum  more from IT'll BE ALRIGHT.

Christina puts her guitar down to play a striking red tambourine as she sings You Ran From Me. 
The IT'LL BE ALRIGHT Album has been very well represented and so it should be, it's a great album too. She certainly made Cris and Chris on sound work tonight.

The next number was Things you can't tell by looking her way, a song written for her mother to honour her and all she has been through. She hopes we all get to meet her someday. 

Now we said goodbye to Callum on bass and Justin on drums although he couldn't get out from his kit, for a couple of songs with Christina on acoustic guitar. 
More chat about the baby idea as they tuned, Dale was not impressed ...  we also heard of her early experiences in Austin which inspired the next song.
Once the drum and vocal monitors were turned off to stop feedback we were ready for Marina from the SLEEPING WITH A STRANGER Album. Dale sang great harmonies along with showing what a Deusenberg  guitar can do. Magic.

Dale Murray

Many artists comment on how polite the LRB audience can be, it seems to come as a surprise that people pay attention to the performance but they appreciate it. This is part of what makes them want to come back. 
Take Me Back In A Dream is from IT'LL BE ALRIGHT and was next. They made a music video of it and Christina wants us to watch it and see if we can spot her Nipple in it..... laughs

The new video she is making was grant funded but she freely admits it's not very good and also quite expensive. 
Things have gone too far and It has to be finished for the grant. An expensive mistake. Maybe the other Nipple will be in the new video. "While they are fresh and young I'd like people to see them" she said to big laughs.

Now Annie Keating was invited on stage with Scott Warman and Steve Mayone to join the band. 
A new band name is Called for here, 'Christina Martin and descending order'. 
Scott and Annie were tall on one end, Dale and Steve? not so tall. 

The Decending Order Supergroup

They chatted on how Annie met her band and hit it off for three or four shows. Then the thought, why not thirty or forty? "We hoped we would like each other" said Annie. 

This was my kinda supergroup, it was great to see so many wonderful musicians  on the LRB stage. Fine For A While was the song.

Time for the thank you's. Intros and a Happy Birthday to Lyn. 
"Thanks for inviting us to your home, we destroyed the green room though".

Justin Johnson on Drums from Seattle, Nashville and now here has been a role model Christina told us. She only met him this week and was impressed by him and his abilities. 

Callum Williams from Liverpool on bass is super pro. So talented, young, single, and hot 23 year old. She tells us. You can meet him later he has no age limits. More big laughs. 

His special nickname is Backseat and we won't ask how he acquired it.

She thanked Dale for taking his life in his hands with the driving over here amongst other things like playing great music.

Sleeping with a Stranger was next from the Album of the same name.

Jonathan pre-empted an encore call by getting his thank you's in early so we could fit in two more songs before the 11 o'clock curfew.

The last song Lungs are Burning is the new single and a fine way to finish what was a magnificent set.

The release of the new album LUNGS ARE BURNING was delayed due to a health issue but based on this performance I for one can't wait to hear it.

We have become accustomed to enjoying a fine sound which allows all the artists to shine. So for newcomers to the position of sound engineer this can be quite a challenge. On sound tonight we had Cris and Chris who did a fine job of maintaining the standards.

All pictures but the last one courtesy of Andy Sheard, a regular LRB supporter. The last pic was by me.

#266527 - 2017-08-01 18:56 Re: Little Rabbit Barn 2017 [Re: ChrisLayerUK]
ChrisLayerUK Offline

It's just been announced that two Little Rabbit Barn Favourites are performing at Americanafest in Nashville Tennessee, September. So if anyone is going, say hi and see what is so special about them.

Don Gallardo is also playing.

Carter Sampson

Danni Nicholls

Full Line up

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 
Who's Online
5 registered (GMT, Carrart, Carl, Ratbert, Jeje), 39 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Igorgrgur, dsp4me, DarrenEHS, Ray, Messier84
4507 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
CMB Integrations - Bruce 32
Tarik 27
VirusKiller 27
Fiddler 24
Ludwig 23
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12129
Fiddler 8586
ncpl 8248
Carl 7438
Ian 7226
Forum Stats
4,507 Registered Members
17 Forums
23,859 Topics
246,155 Posts

Most users ever online: 211 @ 2015-05-05 15:40

Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant