Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
MQA - Related technology, products and music
Jump to new posts Re: Cheapest current MQA compatible endpoint for legacy DSPs by Fiddler @ 47 minutes 44 seconds ago

Originally Posted By VirusKillerLet's keep this civil? I happen to agree with George about feeding the analogue output of an MQA decoder into another stage of (pre-MQA tech) A2D and D2A conversion. Doing so fails completely to appreciate what MQA is
Meridian - Systems
My 561 has been in storage for a few years. I recently hooked it up in my bedroom but can't get the legacy config program to talk with the unit. It connects, claims the port, the display shows receiving but stalls out and goes back into standby. I've
Hitchhikers - Meridian Equipment
Jump to new posts Re: FS: Or part exchange DSP7200, 5200 and 5200HC by Slasor999 @ Yesterday at 20:23

Hello 'hikers. I have now accepted an upgrade exchange deal from a fellow hiker so my DSP7200.1 are now going to a new home and are no longer available. That leaves my single DSP5200HC legacy centre speaker available. price drop for the DSP5200HC
HiFi & HT Chat
Jump to new posts Re: Arcam rBlink into DSP5000 mk1 by Mat @ Yesterday at 18:14

Thanks and not a bad idea at all - will investigate speaker cloakage further. His liver and wallet survived the first year, so he now ventures into year 2, where the marks start to count Mat
Meridian - Streaming
Hi Ross, The WAV format does not support imbedded ID tags, like FLAC and ALAC do, so that gives Sooloos a much harder time in being able to identify the album / tracks correctly. IMHO, stick with FLAC as there's arguably * no advantage in using WAV
Meridian - Streaming Hardware with Roon Application
Jump to new posts Re: NAS Drive Network Setup by 3dit0r @ Yesterday at 17:23

Thanks, I'll have a go at it on Monday. Everything's working at the moment so I'm a little wary of fiddling when I don't really know a great deal about more advanced networking. I looked up a guide on a Synology forum, but I'm still not entirely clea
HiFi & HT Chat
Jump to new posts Re: Recommended Music by Altus @ Yesterday at 16:46

I'm easily fooled nowadays
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: RIP Bruce Forsyth by Not'arf @ Yesterday at 15:26

In fact, all this coverage of Bruce Forsyth reminds me of episodes of Viz magazine (anarchic, foul-mouthed 'adult' comic, for those outside the UK) where he was called Bruce Fivesyth & his friend Jimmy Tarbuck became Jimmy Tarbrush. I probably
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Reducing the weight of DSP5500's by MI' @ Yesterday at 14:26

Meridian quote steel sheet. The cost of mu-metal sheet of those dimensions would be phenomenal!
Jump to new posts Re: FS: DSP5500 pair smiley face by Francis5092 @ Yesterday at 12:47

Hi, Would yo be willing to sell DSP Boards out of these so I can upgrade my non 96/24 Meridian DSP5500's? Would consider buying the speakers complete but shipping would be ???? Let me know if this is possible and price. Many Thanks. Francis.
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Replacement Feet for 500 and 200 Series by Mac147 @ Yesterday at 12:29

Hi 3M Part Number SJ5017 Black, RS number 120-6079 Regards Mike
Jump to new posts FS: DSP5000 24/96 by Tarik @ Yesterday at 09:14

A pair of DSP5000 24/96 7 segment in rosewood finish. Amplifier capacitors have been replaced with Nichicon FG and the power supply resistors have been upgraded. Sounding like new. Questions and offers via PM.
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: HiFi and Home Theatre Photos by Ian @ 2017-08-18 20:37

I kept looking st that thinking it was a trophy cabinet and wondered what had been won - but yes, it probably is just their drinks cabinet.
Meridian - Partners
Jump to new posts Re: FS: Meridian G01 by Martins HiFi @ 2017-08-18 14:03

Sold. Please close.
HiFi & HT Chat
Jump to new posts Re: Region-free Blu Ray players by Not'arf @ 2017-08-18 08:35

Cliff; thanks for the reply. The trouble is, I don't even understand what you've said! Do you get that lovely 'menu' displayed on your screen that Kaleidoscope players offer? Mtns; thanks for the info; I'll check them out.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Digitised 78's for download by Not'arf @ 2017-08-18 08:32

Ian, thanks for posting; that's a lovely version too. A totally different voice but just as good, really.
Meridian - Streaming
Jump to new posts Re: 218 optional MHR encryption by Mtns @ 2017-08-18 00:12

I did not install it myself as I got the SE upgrade at the same time. I believe it is disarmingly simple to install and play with the complications coming in the comms when integrating everything. One custom comms cable required in my case.
Gallery
Jump to new posts First record player by Ratbert @ 2017-08-17 19:39

Dansette Major Deluxe
Jump to new posts Re: FS: DSP6000's 24/96 by PhattyBeats @ 2017-08-17 19:03

New Pictures!! Please send me a message.
Hitchhikers - Non Meridian Equipment
Jump to new posts Re: INFO: 25% OLED Discount (UK) by spinaltap @ 2017-08-17 14:44

I don't need to amend my post, as... Originally Posted By spinaltapWhen this offer was live the overall price for the LG 55" E7 that I was looking at was £2,499. Even so, today, John Lewis have price-matched Curry's price on the E7 55".
Meridian - Systems
I'd have thought probably yes. As I'm sure you know, they do have "Corner" & "Boundary" settings which I think probably reins-in the bass, but they do have rear-facing ports to consider. If it isn't too big a job, slot them
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Meridian 271 and 251 by Ludwig @ 2017-08-17 00:13

I presume you'd need an HD621 in between?
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Meridian vs. other high end brands by Steven Dive @ 2017-08-16 23:15

Quad do still repair their old equipment in the UK, though. I am about to send in a Quad 33 and a 303 for a friend for for a full service and repair and I have sent in my own ESL-63s every now and then.
Jump to new posts Re: FS: DSP8000 (8Ks) 110v Power Supply x2 by TD4 @ 2017-08-16 19:38

Now sold Mod please close. Del(TD4)
HiFi & HT Chat
Jump to new posts Re: QNAP Backup to Backblaze B2 by MJT5282 @ 2017-08-16 15:23

I've implemented b2 on my own linux/freebsd file server with rclone integration. It is very fast and stable and predictable in that it is $5/Tb per month. I would imagine the QNAP and synology integrations are solid and straight forward. I would on
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Who's Online
2 registered (Maldo, Kswanson), 32 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
FairOne, Andy123456, DoctorBeaker, Mark_D_Drake, Vance
4489 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Not'arf 52
VirusKiller 33
3dit0r 33
Carl 28
spinaltap 26
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12103
Fiddler 8566
ncpl 8237
Carl 7417
Ian 7201
Forum Stats
4,489 Registered Members
17 Forums
23,751 Topics
245,193 Posts

Most users ever online: 211 @ 2015-05-05 15:40

Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant