Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Power Conditioning on DSP8000SEs by _M_ @ Yesterday at 22:38

Originally Posted By Marc KovalOriginally Posted By Meridian on Shunyata web siteMeridian-America was exposed to Shunyata Research products through mutual dealers, and requested an evaluation. After performing extensive testing, Ken Forsythe and the
Meridian - Systems
Tried all three trigger outputs and they all had the same issue...
Meridian - Systems
I seem to remember trigger 3 operating differently on a G61 unit that I used to have also.
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Power Conditioning on DSP8000SEs by Marc Koval @ Yesterday at 20:29

"What's your view on possible fire risk Marc?" Don't screw with it. If you want you can replace with a "better" quality fuse of the same current and time spec. (from memory, 10A Delay Blow) but if you put in something bigger, or
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Power Conditioning on DSP8000SEs by GovCon @ Yesterday at 19:38

Originally Posted By OgriOut of curiosity, what function is being improved by mains conditioning? This stuff is converted to DC to run components. Does it therefore help by providing better DC? Are they other ways of providing better DC by using
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Legacy DSP drivers info by Marc Koval @ Yesterday at 19:32

Hi James :-) Not the DSP33, the book shelf speakers use different tweeters. All the floor standing from D6000 ~1990 forward used the same tweeter. D600 was a little older design and used a different tweeter, easy enough to mod the D600 amp circuit
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Power Conditioning on DSP8000SEs by Ian @ Yesterday at 19:31

What's your view on possible fire risk Marc?
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: DSP8000 Input Board Broken by Marc Koval @ Yesterday at 19:21

If Bruce can't help let me know. I have a few here.
Meridian - Systems
Are you using trigger #3? it operates differently. Best to use #2 it will give a constant 12vdc at 100mA
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Power Conditioning on DSP8000SEs by Marc Koval @ Yesterday at 19:14

Originally Posted By Meridian on Shunyata web siteMeridian-America was exposed to Shunyata Research products through mutual dealers, and requested an evaluation. After performing extensive testing, Ken Forsythe and the principles of Meridian-America
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: 861v4 Linear Power Supply Options? by Mtns @ Yesterday at 17:27

You might consider checking with BruceCMB Integrations or Mark Koval on here for a price quote. They actually fix stuff.
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Power Conditioning on DSP8000SEs by Ogri @ Yesterday at 17:18

Out of curiosity, what function is being improved by mains conditioning? This stuff is converted to DC to run components. Does it therefore help by providing better DC? Are they other ways of providing better DC by using better components inside?
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: 861v4 Linear Power Supply Options? by Ratbert @ Yesterday at 16:11

What would you see yourself gaining from the v6 over your v4?
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: 861v4 Linear Power Supply Options? by Mr_Sukebe @ Yesterday at 16:02

I had mine replaced by Meridian a couple of years ago. Price was around £700. Have to say that I do think it sounded even better afterwards. Whether I'd be willing to spend $1500 is another matter, especially as the price of kit seems to have drop
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Removing the rear panel from a DSP5500 by Tarik @ Yesterday at 15:27

Keep in mind that not all issues with electrolytic caps are visible. Those which are visible could be leaks and bulging. The performance of electrolytic caps will degrade over time, so it is a good idea to change them in old speakers. Difficult to
MQA - Related technology, products and music
Jump to new posts Tidal Settings for MQA by Longitude0 @ Yesterday at 14:31

Forgive me if this is old hat to you all, but I came across a problem with getting MQA from my Tidal HiFi account. I had the right account type and I was listening to Masters but there was no blue MQA light. After much faffing about checking connecti
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Dsps by BobE @ Yesterday at 14:06

Update: The other night, my 861v4 sprung into life all by itself, and the front DSP6ks worked, powered down, reconnected the rear 5ks, and they worked too. Yesterday, went to listen to To The Bone, and realised that the left rear 5k wasn't respondin
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Removing the rear panel from a DSP5500 by Ian @ Yesterday at 13:32

Hitchhikers - Meridian Equipment
The CD player/Preamp is now sold but the Remote Control is still available at £45.
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Power Conditioning on DSP8000SEs by JohnMcElfresh @ Yesterday at 12:31

I have one of the noise "meters" demonstrated in the video - sound plus numeric readout. I just want to caution all that the exact same results can be realized with the $250 Monster Power Bar I bought in the early 1990s. Now I have no doubt
Meridian - Streaming
Hi Nstzya As you experience clicks/pops between tracks when playing MQA material could this be an artefact of the BluOS as the system briefly unlocks and re-locks to the MQA source. I see this visually momentarily (but not audibly) on my SE speakers
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Removing the rear panel from a DSP5500 by StuWils @ Yesterday at 10:28

I'm fairly sure that if you send the photos to a service engineer it will need a full recap. post them here. Rgds Stuart
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Power Conditioning on DSP8000SEs by GovCon @ Yesterday at 01:13

I'm a bit late to this party. But reading through the responses, there were some statements about the Equitech balanced power products. I don't understand where the comments about the sound being lifeless, leaned out, or reduced in dynamics are com
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts 861v4 Linear Power Supply Options? by CJWessing @ Yesterday at 00:51

Comments on whether or not linear PSU upgrade is worth it for an 861v4? My local dealer quoted me $1500 which seems a bit steep. I'd be happy to do it myself, any other options? Cheers! Chris
Meridian - Streaming
Jump to new posts Re: Export speed guess? by ScotAV @ 2018-01-21 22:26

Bizzare!!
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12 >
Who's Online
3 registered (JCD, Phil_H, Jon Raines), 43 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
OneArtist, AndrewE, Obe, PaulRP0, Zetetic
4574 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ratbert 66
_M_ 50
CMB Integrations - Bruce 49
Ian 38
VirusKiller 36
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12230
Fiddler 8664
ncpl 8352
Carl 7563
Ian 7350
Forum Stats
4,574 Registered Members
17 Forums
24,340 Topics
250,179 Posts

Most users ever online: 211 @ 2015-05-05 14:40
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant