Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
MQA - Related technology, products and music
The topic is cheap. John's suggestion is as I suggested earlier. When cheap is the goal, ADA and back through an M processor to legacy DSPs does not suck. .
Originally Posted By JohnMcElfreshQuote:And you have now defeated what little that last stage of MQA tried to correct. No, it would NOT give you Fully decoded/rendered MQA (that you can hear). There is no path with Legacy DSP's.Fiddler, I went to
Legacy definitely sound good after a 1st stage unfold in my 818v3->DSP7200.2 system. I've never heard the suggestion to D/A full-fat MQA then re-digitise it and sent to legacy DSPs. Interesting HQ thought this to be a valid way of accessing some
HiFi & HT Chat
Jump to new posts Arcam rBlink into DSP5000 mk1 by Mat @ Today at 00:08

Hi folks, My son has a pair of 5K in his bedroom, listening to local music files and Spotify from his desktop PC via a Lindy optical to SPDIF converter. This has been a truly wonderful HiFi and a great way to introduce him to Meridian on a budget.
Quote:And you have now defeated what little that last stage of MQA tried to correct. No, it would NOT give you Fully decoded/rendered MQA (that you can hear). There is no path with Legacy DSP's.Fiddler, I went to a demo of MQA at Meridian in NYC l
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: RIP Bruce Forsyth by Not'arf @ Yesterday at 21:13

He's certainly been on TV for the whole of my life & that's pretty remarkable by itself. One of the greats.
Originally Posted By ChrisLayerUKThe way I look at it is that once the first unfold is done you have a studio file at the input of your processor. That would be the best source you can expect to get and should sound great. Clearly you can always get
Originally Posted By JohnMcElfreshYou could use a 218's analog outputs into the 568.2 analog inputs. That would give you fully decoded/rendered MQA into the processor.And you have now defeated what little that last stage of MQA tried to correct. No,
Jump to new posts Re: Cheapest current MQA compatible endpoint for legacy DSPs by JohnMcElfresh @ Yesterday at 20:47

You could use a 218's analog outputs into the 568.2 analog inputs. That would give you fully decoded/rendered MQA into the processor. John
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: HiFi and Home Theatre Photos by Ian @ Yesterday at 20:37

I kept looking st that thinking it was a trophy cabinet and wondered what had been won - but yes, it probably is just their drinks cabinet.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: RIP Bruce Forsyth by ChrisLayerUK @ Yesterday at 20:29

This was posted on Facebook by Lauren Housley and goes to show how your age determines what you think you know about Bruce. Quote:True Story .. When I was a little girl I used to go round to my Nans house .. a lot!! When I arrived she always used t
The way I look at it is that once the first unfold is done you have a studio file at the input of your processor. That would be the best source you can expect to get and should sound great. Clearly you can always get better with SE speakers, further
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: RIP Bruce Forsyth by Ian @ Yesterday at 20:16

89 - Didn't he do well...
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Reducing the weight of DSP5500's by Fiddler @ Yesterday at 20:09

Does anyone know if the shielding plates on either the Vertical or Horizontal DSP5500's can be removed to save weight with no otherwise ill affect? I'd want to keep the wood sides and look on and just replace the metal shielding plates.
Originally Posted By VirusKillerOriginally Posted By 3dit0rSo basically we'd have to wait for that to happen first. Any idea how long that might be?I can't comment on that, I'm afraid.Completely understand. Are you able to say if it's just a question
Respectfully, I understand you can't disclose what you know. Is the answer the same to the second question "do you know"? I assume you do, or the answer to question one would be "I don't know" versus "No comment". The o
Off Topic
Jump to new posts RIP Bruce Forsyth by spinaltap @ Yesterday at 18:51

Sad news on the death of Bruce Forsyth (89): a fantastic jazz pianist - who was an exceptional talent in other ways too. My first memory of him was on Sunday Night at the London Palladium during the early 60's.
Originally Posted By 3dit0rSo basically we'd have to wait for that to happen first. Any idea how long that might be? I can't comment on that, I'm afraid. Quote:would USB/SPDIF direct from the Mac Mini (which would also be Roon core/store) to 5Ks wor
HiFi & HT Chat
Jump to new posts Re: Recommended Music by Hector @ Yesterday at 17:54

Hi All. Many years ago I came across a busking band (The Huckleberries) in Bath UK led by Dave Hum. It is nearly 5 years since he prematurely succumbed to the big C, however he left a legacy of wonderful bluegrass, Celtic and original recordings for
Originally Posted By VirusKillerThis is quite tricky actually. When Roon does finally perform the first MQA decode, the MS200 will be good solution offering Meridian comms integration but a SpeakerLink comms breakout cable is needed (you can use opt
Originally Posted By RatbertIf you have legacy DSP's then the MS200 and the Tidal decode should be all you need, no specific MQA DAC required.She will be using Roon, though, not the Tidal interface, as we need to combine her own library too.
Originally Posted By MtnsYou need a MQA decoder DAC downstream such as the Explorer2 or Dragonfly ... Those are DACs, though and this is into DSPs...
Meridian - Streaming Hardware with Roon Application
Jump to new posts Re: NAS Drive Network Setup by 3dit0r @ Yesterday at 17:21

Thanks, sounds sensible. No I just have to work out how to do that! Is it a router thing, or a NAS/PC core setup thing?
This is quite tricky actually. When Roon does finally perform the first MQA decode, the MS200 will be good solution offering Meridian comms integration but a SpeakerLink comms breakout cable is needed (you can use optical into the 568.2MM). This wo
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: HiFi and Home Theatre Photos by Ludwig @ Yesterday at 17:04

I like the drinks cabinet.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Who's Online
3 registered (Ian, VirusKiller, ThePioneer), 38 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
FairOne, Andy123456, DoctorBeaker, Mark_D_Drake, Vance
4489 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Not'arf 50
VirusKiller 32
3dit0r 30
Carl 28
spinaltap 26
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12101
Fiddler 8565
ncpl 8237
Carl 7416
Ian 7201
Forum Stats
4,489 Registered Members
17 Forums
23,748 Topics
245,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 211 @ 2015-05-05 15:40

Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant